Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Rebel Yell

I have never heard the term "buzz bars" before, and almost wondered if you meant an electric shock bar of some kind! Thankfully, Google is my friend, and I found what you really meant. That said, it might make for a more interesting ride. ;-P

Reactions: jornor

Nicole said:
I'm torn by those cars.  On the one hand, I would love to be able to ride RY backwards.  On the other, I don't really want to sit facing perfect strangers.

I agree for a small ride vehicle like this. However on a bigger ride like Battering Ram or Da Vinci's Cradle, I think that type of seating is imperative with a decent divider.

RebelConda:) What could possibly go wrong?

Anybody know if there a rollercoaster in which a steel is racing a woodie? If such a thing exists can I get the name of it? Thanks

I'm going to be in the minority and say that I did not care for this coaster. We rode it once. Didn't like the roughness. It wasn't a fun rough. Loved Grizzly, not so much this one. It felt like the track needs work (but read this was done recently?). Has it always been this rough? Has it seen better days? I understand it's a landmark for the park, but it really does look old and tired. Needs lots of paint and maintenance from the look of it. We rode right side, blue train. Left side wasn't running Friday. Wife wasn't really interested again after one ride.

I thought it was running pretty smoothly last weekend. Which side was running when you rode: North (dry park-side) or South (water park-side)? The North side had a few hills retracked last season, which definitely smoothed out the ride.

I've always found Rebel Yell, my favorite coaster at KD, a "fun rough": a little bouncy, but nothing painful. To each their own, though. :)

Joe said:
I thought it was running pretty smoothly last weekend. Which side was running when you rode: North (dry park-side) or South (water park-side)? The North side had a few hills retracked last season, which definitely smoothed out the ride.

I've always found Rebel Yell, my favorite coaster at KD, a "fun rough": a little bouncy, but nothing painful. To each their own, though. :)

It was the water works side, towards I-95. I think the other side was running on Saturday, but we didn't try it out. I'll reserve that for next time then. Bare in mind these are my first ever rides on the coasters too, so not much to go by in the past ride department.

Reactions: Mushroom

What row did you happen to sit in? The front I find to be very enjoyable and rather smooth. The back for me at least, tends to be abit to shaky for my likings.

Reactions: Mushroom

Grant said:
What row did you happen to sit in? The front I find to be very enjoyable and rather smooth. The back for me at least, tends to be abit to shaky for my likings.

I think we were in the third car if I remember correctly. It was the red train we were riding on Friday. Blue station was closed all day. On that note, they need a real gate and not a movable trash can at the front entry to block it off as someone moved it out of the lane and I ended up walking about 20 people into the wrong station. Most just hopped the fence to get to other side. I walked down to the black rail and ducked under. A chain would be much better than something a kid can move out of the way to be funny.

Okay, next time you go to the park I recommend the front car if you have the chance. It should (atleast from my experiances) improve your ride experiance. I do agree they should have some type of gate at the entrance as I think it would improve the problems you demonstrated above.

For what it is worth, I always try to ride in the back seat of the right (if you are sitting in the car) train. I never have any problem with roughness and the forces and speed are much better than in the back.

That said, as we have discussed elsewhere, I think body type plays a large role in people's experiences on all coasters.

I almost always ride in row two of the cars on Rebel Yell.

Rows one and row two have wheels underneath, while they help make it more of a wild ride this can also increase the roughness dramatically. Also, this is a technique I do on all wooden coasters with PTC trains, have one hand on the lap bar and one hand on the bar attached to the car located in front of you to reduce the feeling of being whipped around.

It's truly based on your personal preference, if you want a smoother ride sit in row two of a car, if you want one of the wildest rides in Virginia sit in rows one and three on any car.

Reactions: MAZ and strycker

Connor said:
I almost always ride in row two of the cars on Rebel Yell.

I tried this out yesterday and it was a much better ride experience. I think we were 3rd car, 2nd row. You can feel the difference. We did ride the left side track this time as the right side was closed down. I did notice chains on the entry point this time, but think they were there before. Still a trashcan and chain up to block the entry.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad