Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
If I were to leave my phone in the basket on rides, what would be the risk of it being stolen?

If I were to leave my phone in the basket on rides, what would be the risk of it being stolen?
Depends on the phone...

In all seriousness, I worked at the park for 7 years and I only remember one example of someone stealing a phone. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it is pretty rare and usually just a case of someone picking up the wrong iPhone than anything malicious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zachary and Mwe BGW
Yes park staff try to keep an eye on that area but their primary responsibility is first guest safety second efficient operations and they can not see everything. There are signs advising that they are not responsible for items left for a reason.

I believe you are referring to the clearing for the Colonial Pipeline. You can get information about it here:

There is also a thread for issues related to it:

ooh alright, thanks

Reactions: Nicole
A couple of simple questions... we had passes for years when the kids were young, but as they got older, there were too many other activities that took priority. Now, I haven't been to the park in probably 5 or 6 years. So, I no longer know the ins and outs of how the little things work, and the BGW website is not helpful! I used to visit Park Fans regularly, and somehow, I still remembered by password!

My son is planning a trip in a couple of weeks and was asking about the pros and cons of the Unlimited Dining. He had bought a pass last fall for HOS and used the free guest ticket for his girlfriend (cheaper than two last minute, single day tickets to HOS on the day they went)... so for the upcoming trip he would have to pay the full price. What?!?! That just seems backwards to me, but... either way, for him, I don't think the all day dining is worth it.

This brought me to the questions...

Souvenir Cups - still sold? Price? Refill terms?
Refillable Popcorn Bucket - still sold? Price? Refill terms?

I thought I remembered that you used to be able to buy vouchers online before your arrival, but I can't find any info...

Thanks!

Reactions: Mwe BGW
I dont know thw current price of the refillable cups or popcorn but I will say the lines for the refillable cups have been looong lately. Last weekend was better as there were more places open but still just to grab a drink took some time. To be completely honest if I were doing a one day trip I would just bite the bullet of buying bottled drinks at the gift shops where there are generally no lines. Unless you drink a insane amount of soda by the time you buy the cup you could buy 3 bottled sodas or so. You can also carry one in with you in the morning so theres a extra you dont even have to buy. Just my thoughts though. As far as popcorn, I dont remember seeing anyone with the buckets recently and the one popcorn place by Alpengiest I havent seen open this year yet. Bradys Drinks I dont remember seeing open lately either.

I dont know thw current price of the refillable cups or popcorn but I will say the lines for the refillable cups have been looong lately. Last weekend was better as there were more places open but still just to grab a drink took some time. To be completely honest if I were doing a one day trip I would just bite the bullet of buying bottled drinks at the gift shops where there are generally no lines. Unless you drink a insane amount of soda by the time you buy the cup you could buy 3 bottled sodas or so. You can also carry one in with you in the morning so theres a extra you dont even have to buy. Just my thoughts though. As far as popcorn, I dont remember seeing anyone with the buckets recently and the one popcorn place by Alpengiest I havent seen open this year yet. Bradys Drinks I dont remember seeing open lately either.
Thanks so much for the information!

Reactions: Mwe BGW
I posted this in the ACE thread, but I suppose it really belongs here. If I am driving from Baltimore on a Friday (ugh), what's the best time to be driving through that most awful section of 95 in the country? I want to minimize the damages. This is for the ACE event on June 3rd, but I'd like to drive there on Friday and stay over night, as I'm very much not a morning person and getting out the door in time on Saturday for the event would pretty much be impossible for me. Also bonus points if I can make the Ace Drives event at Go Carts Plus (Friday 5 PM to 9 PM, but don't have to get there at 5) but not essential.

Just don't go anywhere near rush hour. I would target getting to the DC area around 10/11 if you can leave in the morning, but if you need to wait until after work hours, you need to be in the DC area no earlier than about 6:30/7:00. That would put you in Williamsburg around 9:30 with reasonable traffic.

Fredericksburg up to Quantico is usually the hellscape, with Tysons to Quantico being iffy depending on time of day. Unfortunately even time of day doesn't really eliminate the Fredericksburg issue, perpetually in a state of gridlock. If you have the money to spend, that 95 express lane really does shave a ton of time off if stuff is backed up to around Dale. It'll get clogged at rejoining, but I've shaved easily 30 minutes of pure rage off, worth the $20 for someone who gets insanely angry at traffic like myself.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad