Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Those who have been at the time, how crowded is Christmas town on the weekend following Thanksgiving? My sister will be home for that weekend and would like to check out CT for the first time, trying to gauge if the crowds are as attrocious as I fear they may be.

What is the current situation with food options in the park? I’ve seen on here that some offerings are closed or have limited operations.

The dining situation has improved A LOT since international workers have returned and Food & Wine ended. Some super-low-notoriety locations are still frequently closed, but on all but the busiest days, that's nothing new. I'd say that the only location most people will expressly notice missing is Grogan's/O'Taters.

Those who have been at the time, how crowded is Christmas town on the weekend following Thanksgiving? My sister will be home for that weekend and would like to check out CT for the first time, trying to gauge if the crowds are as attrocious as I fear they may be.

All other things being equal (weather, sales), the weekend after Thanksgiving will likely be the best December weekend. Expect it to be crowded as fuck (it is a CMT weekend in December still), but it should be notably more manageable than the weekends to follow.

Reactions: Ziva and Ice
Friday and Saturday will be miserable with crowds so thick you can't walk. The Sunday will be busy, but manageable. If the weather is cold, I mean really cold, like in the 30s, the crowds will be thinner.

I have been on Friday and Saturday in December and it was pretty crowded, are you saying it'll be worse? Zach made it sound like the best Friday/Saturday option until after Christmas

Reactions: Coasternerd
As a local I can pick & chose when I want to go. Our experience with CT is that on Fri, Sat & Sun nights it is so crowded you can barely move. If you are with your spouse or a friend, you can forget trying to walk side by side in certain places. You literally have to maneuver your way through people. I often tell people about the time a woman in a wheelchair was in a panic and hysterics headed towards wolf valley because she was caught in the crowd coming out of Abbey Stone theatre and she literally couldn't move. We cleared a path for her to that breezeway and she calmed down. That is how crowded it can get. If you can, check the calendar when they start to open on weeknights. Still crowded but nowhere near like the weekend. Don't want to discourage you because it's worth seeing.

All other things being equal (weather, sales), the weekend after Thanksgiving will likely be the best December weekend. Expect it to be crowded as fuck (it is a CMT weekend in December still), but it should be notably more manageable than the weekends to follow.
One note here...

Thanksgiving is on 11/24 this year, so the first weekend after Thanksgiving (Fri 11/25 - Sun 11/27) will actually still be in November. Not sure if you are counting that as a December weekend, but wanted to call it out, as some folks here might think you are talking about Fri 12/2 - Sun 12/4, which is a full week after Thanksgiving.

Reactions: Zachary and Ice
Due to life, its been a year since I've gotten to the park. Are they still playing games with Preferred Parking and having it not available for Premium/Platinum members? We are planning to go Sat and will be there (traffic permitting) around 9:30am. We'll deal with whatever but really hoping that walking the tram route won't happen.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
@SMcS We haven't had any issues with getting in England lot with the Platinum our last few visits, but we usually only get to be there on Sundays/Mondays.

Reactions: SMcS and Zachary
Due to life, its been a year since I've gotten to the park. Are they still playing games with Preferred Parking and having it not available for Premium/Platinum members? We are planning to go Sat and will be there (traffic permitting) around 9:30am. We'll deal with whatever but really hoping that walking the tram route won't happen.
It has appeared to be available lately. Also the park is constantly running trams on busy days like Saturdays it's the slower days that you might be walking.

If we forgot our paper tickets at home, can you enter the park by using a barcode on my phone (from signing into the website)? I know they can print new ones… but I don’t want to wait in line…

If we forgot our paper tickets at home, can you enter the park by using a barcode on my phone (from signing into the website)? I know they can print new ones… but I don’t want to wait in line…

Yup, shouldn't be a problem.

I forgot to redeem 2 of my "beer fest sample" tickets last weekend. Any chance to get them redeemed at the Emporium today? Any tips with this?

Will Thursday’s rain (expected to be over 0.5” over the course of the day) close the park or coasters?

It's been a while, so appreciate the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Will Thursday’s rain (expected to be over 0.5” over the course of the day) close the park or coasters?

It's been a while, so appreciate the help!
Based on the forecast (which has a 100% chance of changing by then) it should be warm enough out that the rides not the park would shut down. If it was rain like we got this past Thursday, then it would.

I believe you are referring to the clearing for the Colonial Pipeline. You can get information about it here:

There is also a thread for issues related to it:

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad