Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Just 10 days later and we have much more progress!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

So many switch tracks (excluding whatever's inside the maintenance building)! I believe this is the setup we're looking at here.

It appears the trains will come to a stop (probably a show scene (orange), which also doubles as the maintenance building entrance (pink)), then presumably a reverse launch towards the spike area. Can't wait to see if they spice up this (assumed) launch sequence with some spin control!

1777082868293.png

Very impressive arrangement of all this ride hardware given the space.
 
I am very thrown off by this scale! Is that likely going to be the 4 car setup like OG Hollywood Drift?
 
I have a feeling this one is going to surpass the one in California in every way!

With the very limited amount of information we have on Florida's version of the coaster, this is definitely a very bold statement. While it's obviously possible it could happen, I feel it's much more likely each coaster will have its own strengths and weaknesses without either being clearly superior.
 
I did say "I have a feeling", not "my feelings are facts". It's the second of two, and design decisions made on the first are something to look back on and improve upon.

As for the California coaster on a hill, it overlooks – what, exactly – a road? There is a walkway under a section, so that is a positive. The Florida coaster appears to interact in some way with the walkway by the water, and also looks to have a spike. So, as I mentioned, "I have a feeling" it's going to be a better coaster.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Coasternerd
I did say "I have a feeling", not "my feelings are facts". It's the second of two, and design decisions made on the first are something to look back on and improve upon.

As for the California coaster on a hill, it overlooks – what, exactly – a road? There is a walkway under a section, so that is a positive. The Florida coaster appears to interact in some way with the walkway by the water, and also looks to have a spike. So, as I mentioned, "I have a feeling" it's going to be a better coaster.
Universal Studios Hollywood has one of the best views out of any theme park on the planet with the mountains and movie studios, and you get to see that while you're riding. It's impossible for Florida to top that, but the layout will probably be better.
 
I wonder how stage 33 will blend in with this new coaster, maybe give it a new facade like maybe taking notes from globe theater at universal studios hollywood
 
Spike rising!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

NL2 live-build time! I've been working on this in the background, finally confident enough to put it out there.

First off- let's just raise a glass to Universal Creative for this tremendous element design and placement. Get ready for the most photographed coaster possibly ever.

1780113538796.png
1780113526791.png

Next, a full overview, made from a combination of currently-installed track & supports, as well as track pieces I've pieced together from construction vlogs:
screenshot-2026-05-29-23-41-04.png
1780114917155.png

Known direction of travel is indicated by red arrows, yellow lines are presumed layout gap-fills.

1. This is the first known curve in the 'bowl' section of the ride.
2. Medium sized crossover hill. Should be either an S-bend or a corkscrew, which leads into the currently-installed curve section.
3a-3b: Unknown what it will do here. My best guess here is that there will be some kind of block section, elevated above the electrical buildings, which will then drop into the switch track at 3b.
4. Swing & spike section, no questions here. Note the hill launch!
5a-5b: Also unknown. Exiting the switch, you should be at top speed of 70mph, so I'd imagine a large element follows this.
5b. A speed hill in the "2nd half" of the ride, leading to:
6. I would wager this to be a rather large, wide, sweeping overbank turn. I'm imagining the trains will do a rotation during this moment. Then from there, it should make a straight line run back to the station.

And just a fun one to wrap up, I can't explain it other than Intamin is avoiding underground hardware leftover from HRRR, but this hill launch appears to have a ridiculous structure underneath it🤣
1780114349993.png
 
So this is far from a clone of the Hollywood one? I knew it wouldn't be exact due to the land topography, but I thought they'd keep it similar.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad