Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
It was part of several news coverages of the official ride opening announcement. WVLT-8 mentioned this, as well as several other news outlets.
I see that upon opening, they had a two hour delay; but after that, most reviews I've seen are very positive. Don't know if the announcement is still up on Dollywood's site, but they had the disclaimer that this was being treated as a "dress rehearsal" and that not all elements would be available, as well as a disclaimer that ride issues may arise.
Just looked at the Dollywood site, and that disclaimer is still there. Just scroll to the Season Passholder Ride preview Days. It includes the verbiage "NightFlight Expedition will still be in technical rehearsal during preview days, and temporary downtime may occur. If the attraction is unavailable for your entire reserved timeslot, your preview ticket may be used at any point later that day."
In the WVTL-8 coverage of the August opening announcement, they included similar verbiage, with a park rep stating the bit about ride elements.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zachary
I really wish there was another railroad stop back by Nightflight/Big Bear, because right now Nightflight is a huge dead end in a land that's a huge dead end.
It does seem like they have space for a loop with a few expansion spots, and maybe they want to keep part of this "back of house" for now... but here's my pitch:

From left to right, my pitch in the three circles are: Intamin Observation Tower (in green; likely built up with a retenion wall to look taller and be a visual focal point towards the back of the park), a Zierer Jet Ski ride (like the Legoland and Adventureland Long Island park has, on a man-made "lake" water feature in blue), and a B&M Hyper station that runs over the train tracks (magenta tracks). Along with new stands and such.
1787056304757.png
 
It reopened around 6:30. I was lucky to be able to use the express pass from earlier, totalling off to a three hour wait. I got in one ride and it was very cool and very much enjoyed it.

There is definitely an issue with the continuous movement as we stopped a couple times. We kept laughing about it because it happened so much. There also was a large very noticeable panel that was out on one of the main screens. At the end/ finale the audio kept playing while we got stopped. It was really awesome but I would wait maybe an hour or so for it. Totally awesome unique ride, it was fun.


Edit: I forgot to mention the park president was outside the exit when it reopened. Also that my friends went again while I went to Lightning rod, when it broke down again, they saw maintenance putting on life vests. He was it was cool to see.
 
Last edited:
It reopened around 6:30. I was lucky to be able to use the express pass from earlier, totalling off to a three hour wait. I got in one ride and it was very cool and very much enjoyed it.

There is definitely an issue with the continuous movement as we stopped a couple times. We kept laughing about it because it happened so much. There also was a large very noticeable panel that was out on one of the main screens. At the end/ finale the audio kept playing while we got stopped. It was really awesome but I would wait maybe an hour or so for it. Totally awesome unique ride, it was fun.


Edit: I forgot to mention the park president was outside the exit when it reopened. Also that my friends went again while I went to Lightning rod, when it broke down again, they saw maintenance putting on life vests. He was it was cool to see.
I didn't realize it reopened. It was either very short or they never updated the app, because I checked very frequently.
 
I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those rides that ends up great but people nitpick and convince themselves it’s bad for whatever reason

I don't think operations issues are a nitpick, and I don't think people need to convince themselves that they're bad. Kinda just sucks to wait for something u don't get to experience, regardless of how many people say that it's good
 
From what I saw on the app today, the ride appeared to be up all day, once it opened at noon. Shortest app wait listing I saw was 35, but usually 50-100 minutes. Things seemed much better today. I feel bad for those who couldn't make it back today, but I'm so happy we were able to ride. I hope they can keep this ride up for years to come!
 
Can anyone vouche for this ride being good? All i keeo seeing and hearing is it looks terrible for what it is and the cost of it and i will say the POV looks lame as hell but im not going to fully judge it off just a POV. Who in here has actually been on it?
 
I'd love to hear some detailed comparisons too. I've found it super difficult to suss out where to set my expectations as all of the invited media had a very "bought and paid for" vibe, there's seemingly a nearly militant unwillingness by Dollywood to allow anyone to see inside the attraction from afar, the only POV we have is potato quality, and I don't have any friends I'd personally trust who have experienced it yet.

Given the opening issues, rumors about it being unfinished, the weird opening process, and the crazy restrictive media event, I was actually feeling more skeptical before the leaked POV came out. That awful POV actually increased my expectations for the ride a bit, personally. No clue if it's any good, but from what the POV shows, I can imagine how it could be good, at least.
 
Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad