Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured it was bull just wanted to confirm. Man I’m so desperate I’ll believe anything lol
Totally fine! I'm in the same kind of work these guys are (PLC Controls Engineers) and I can promise you that if there was an issue with the programming, they would be out there every day trying to fix it. At the very least, you would see people either at the control booth or at the switch with laptops and it would be moving back and forth as they are testing it. The only thing I can think of that would be a hold up when they couldn't test due to a bug was if it was an issue with firmware from a motor drive or the PLC. If that were the case, Allen Bradley would have come out with a patch by now. I ran into that issue a few weeks ago with a bagging machine at a breakfast cereal plant and they had a patch out same day.

I think the thing about these rumors and how they get started is that they generally come from ignorance. Someone relatively close to the situation (employee in Festa per say) sees something happen (Pantheon stops testing) and then assumes they know why (programming bug). They know a little about the subject (computers run roller coasters) but often don't know enough to make a logical statement. They make more assumptions (it must be a regular desktop that runs roller coasters and sometimes it takes a while for Microsoft to release a service patch) and next thing you know, they are telling everyone in earshot as to "the truth," knowing full well that the assumptions they made may not be entirely accurate, or at least that they could be debunked. In some cases they may not be aware if the assumptions they made. For a while, I thought Verbolten's computer (term I know now as PLC) was a Windows 7 desktop. I thought this because I was in the electrical room one day and noticed a desktop setup with Windows 7 running a program with the HMI touch screen on it. I hadn't learned anything about controls systems beyond what the operators had to know, therefore I assumed that it was that computer running the ride. I now can assume that it was there primarily for the park programmers to access the ride controls system, or for Zierer to remotely login for support.

I often hear a lot of these rumors in my 7 season tenure at the park and occasionally fell victim to them, especially if they came from superiors. I did have enough sense to often ignore the ones from other lower level employees. In reality, park employees are only told 100% accurate information about new attractions when the park does press releases. Even then, a lot of employees don't read them and keep the rumor mill going.

Sorry for the long post, I didn't think it would be this drawn out. Anyways, Happy 4th to all the Americans here and tomorrow makes 4 years of this thread starting, so Happy 4th anniversary to the Project Madrid/Pantheon thread!

Popped up on my FB memories today maybe BGW will soft open it today in honor of the 4 year anniversary of BGWFans leaking Madrid. I mean what else could they possibly be waiting for but this momentous anniversary.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210705-083020_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210705-083020_Facebook.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41
I mean, it is back to a normal work day…. That could complete all the inspections by noon and have it going by 2pm, sell a few worthless memberships that they’re gonna renege on next year anyways. Like tootsie pops. The world may never know

Reactions: Le Moose
I mean, it is back to a normal work day…. That could complete all the inspections by noon and have it going by 2pm, sell a few worthless memberships that they’re gonna renege on next year anyways. Like tootsie pops. The world may never know

Nope.

Government offices are closed today since the 4th was on a Sunday.

Nope.

Government offices are closed today since the 4th was on a Sunday.
I always hated the Monday or Friday when it was a holiday weekend. Would always get two voicemails from the same person of “yada yada problem, need your help, yada” followed up by “forgot today is the holiday and you aren’t in.”

It occurred to me if BGW isn't opening it till next year. Maybe ACE could get with the park and arrange an actual pre opening tour since they kind of screwed over the people that paid for that last year. Not that I am still bitter or anything.

So I guess not to stir a pot or anything, but how good does everybody suspect this will be? Rankings are largely personal opinion and arbitrary but I am hoping this is right up there with Intimidator 305 and Twisted Timbers in quality of things thoosies love on coasters. I assume it will be which will just make BGW crazy stacked overall. My guess it will definitely be more re-ridable than those two are.

Whenever things actually recover now that the Delta Variant and vaccines are causing problems all over again, BGW will hopefully enjoy attention from Pantheon next year, and then it will be time to really up the ante with whatever was planned with Festhaus Park. I somehow believe Pantheon's late opening is a blessing, because it has the potential to make whatever ride is going in FHP better (perhaps) now that attention has been given to changes in the industry, capacity, etc. It could be worse or further delayed, but a review of how it could be better than what was planned is always a good possibility.

In addition, timing being everything, this could be a great 1-2 punch with new rides in such a close succession. Remember when we waited from 1999 until 2007 for a new major coaster? Gone are the days...

If I was in marketing at BGW, I'd be planning a Pantheon opening and then a "WAIT THERE'S MORE!" event simultaneously. Open one, preview one. Give the public something to savor AND look forward to.

Now about those staffing issues..."Let us pray."

So I guess not to stir a pot or anything, but how good does everybody suspect this will be? Rankings are largely personal opinion and arbitrary but I am hoping this is right up there with Intimidator 305 and Twisted Timbers in quality of things thoosies love on coasters. I assume it will be which will just make BGW crazy stacked overall. My guess it will definitely be more re-ridable than those two are.
Honestly the more I watched it test the more impressed I was. There are just so many different elements that are not getting attention that I think are pleasantly going to surprise even enthusiast. I honestly think it will be the best coaster in VA and likely one of the top 20 or 30 on the country.

There seems to be an awesome head chopper element after the zero-g stall but there isn’t much testing footage from that view though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad