Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@musicman3204 I see what you mean. I was looking at the plans and it appears that after the curve coming out of the station it's about a 10ft drop in elevation before the 1st launch. So there will be some immediate speed. I can hardly wait for the coaster experts do a little more in-depth to guesstimate some of the elements.

Reactions: musicman3204
Not quite getting the launch into the element down to the river right out of the gate. Unless it’s launching you down a slope and coming up the bank the track goes over the launch element.

Not quite getting the launch into the element down to the river right out of the gate. Unless it’s launching you down a slope and coming up the bank the track goes over the launch element.
Looking at the topography markings on the plan it looks like it may. If I'm reading it correctly, the LSM is at 75 feet. As it curves toward San Marco its showing 50 to 55ft. At the cross under(?) the elevation is 70ft...but I'd think you'd need more than 5 ft clearance to go under.

Here’s a reference to how long some top tier rides are in fast motion:

-Storm Runner is 30 seconds
-Skyrush is 42 seconds
-Phantom’s Revenge is 48 seconds
-Indimidator 305 is 49 seconds
-Lightning Rod is 52 seconds
-iSpeed is 53 seconds
-El Toro is 55 seconds
-Maverick is 1 minute 7 seconds

Madrid slotting in the 45-50 sec range of action time would be the sweet spot

Here’s a reference to how long some top tier rides are in fast motion:

-Storm Runner is 30 seconds
-Skyrush is 42 seconds
-Phantom’s Revenge is 48 seconds
-Indimidator 305 is 49 seconds
-Lightning Rod is 52 seconds
-iSpeed is 53 seconds
-El Toro is 55 seconds
-Maverick is 1 minute 7 seconds

Madrid slotting in the 45-50 sec range of action time would be the sweet spot

The switch track/triple launch section should add 20-30 seconds of ride time easily that wouldn’t exist if it was just a standard full circuit launch at that spot.

The switch track/triple launch section should add 20-30 seconds of ride time easily that wouldn’t exist if it was just a standard full circuit launch at that spot.
Not only that but if it has the hill launch that’s added airtime

The length of the Parc Asterix projected coaster is 4,465 ft and lasted about 1:35 seconds.

In their full presentation for the coaster at Parc Asterix here are the key points they had on the screen -
  • Most roller coaster elements on any LSM - 30 unique elements
  • Single launch and triple half-pipe launch
  • State of the art high dynamic triple half-pipe launch with world's first ultra fast side switch with forward, back and forward launch
  • World's first dynamic launch sequence featuring 8 different airtime experiences
  • World's first launch coaster with anticipation stall allowing unique cliffhanging experience with 101 degree drop angle
  • Most airtime elements on any roller coaster worldwide (23 times around or below 0g)
  • Prelaunch dip out of station
  • Initial launch 39mph
  • Second "boost" (forward to top hat) 51mph
  • 0g stall on top hat
  • Third boost (backwards) 60mph
  • Up spike (167ft) with 3.5 seconds 0g stall
  • Fourth "boost" to top hat 67 mph
  • Top Hat 147ft
Hopefully we get close to all they've designed in the presentation. But I'm hard pressed to see how they're going to do 315ft. If so, there's going to be some serious speed increases some where.

Last edited:
Reactions: RollyCoaster
Something to Keep in mind:
The Permit shows 315 plus feet above grade level for both elements. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So that means the drop towards the Rhine will be 315 PLUS feet tall. ????

Reactions: N2588 and Zimmy
? I hope so Rheath.
Also, pre launch, or lift elements make me drool. Fingers crossed.
Conceding an Intamin Launch coaster is indeed what the ride is, I can't say it's as exciting as a traditional giga would be for me personally, but it's certainly an exciting and unique addition for the park and the region. The parc asterix ride does look incredible. Also an Intamin coaster is needed at this park IMO. Am I imagining that there was some beef between BGW and Intamin in the past? If so, good riddance and I'm glad it was overcome, as Intamin is undoubtedly one of the top 3 best and most influential coaster designers/manufacturers of modern times.
I also want mention the relentless work of Zachary, Nichole, and other contributors on an exceptional job of reporting of the latest happenings. This website is awesome! That doesn't happen by chance… but by a lot of work. Thanks

I don't think it was between the park as a whole and Intamin. From context it was more from the head engineer of BGW at the time, Larry Giles.

My only main concern about Intamin doing this project is potential Downtime. Intamin is my favorite manufacturer, but as proven by Volcano and I305 up the road, they can be hard as hell to keep up. Especially considering Maintenance was the thing that did Volcano in. Hopefully I'm wrong.

My only main concern about Intamin doing this project is potential Downtime. Intamin is my favorite manufacturer, but as proven by Volcano and I305 up the road, they can be hard as hell to keep up. Especially considering Maintenance was the thing that did Volcano in. Hopefully I'm wrong.

LSMs are far less power hungry than LIMs. Taron hasn’t had any notable downtime.

I'd imagine maintenance and downtime are to be more of a concern with a design like this especially. I know there are some adamant Intamin haters out there for their rides reliability, and safety as well. Perhaps Larry Giles was in that camp. To each their own… I personally love Intamin coasters and hope your right Madmax.

Also, this would mean that 5 of the coasters at BGW would have some element (drop, turn, etc) before the lift/launch.

SEAS Intamins(I'm aware of):
-Pompeii: frequently down
-Roman Rapids: Ocasionally down
-Congo River Rapids:frequently down
-Cheetah Hunt: frequently down
-Falcon's Fury: Constantly down
-Infinity Falls:6 months late, open for a few months, down frequently, and currently down for "annual maintenance"

I don't want to say this isn't Intamin, in fact I think it is, but for BGW and SEAS it seems like quite the "fool me once/twice" situation.

Something to Keep in mind:
The Permit shows 315 plus feet above grade level for both elements. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So that means the drop towards the Rhine will be 315 PLUS feet tall. ????
I know what the permits say. I just have a real hard time buying into it. If they are accurate then this coaster will have to pick up a lot of speed from 76mph to crest a 315 top hat. To put it in a visual that's as close as I could find is Red Force in Spain (Intamin LSM). Top Hat is 367ft (52 feet taller). To crest it (with the hesitation stall) it goes 112mph. So, my guess (which is throwing darts) is that the BGW coaster has to get close to 90+ mph. That's almost 15mph faster than the fastest multi launch coaster - Soaring With Dragon (77mph). Anyway, even though it's 50ft taller, imagine looking down on the Rhine with this POV of Red Force.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad