Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
We got some stats at the hard hat tour I thought I would share:

Swing height: 81 feet
Max speed: 45 miles per hour
Ride capacity: 32 people

The compressors will be housed up the hill to minimize the sound. Air will be stored in the tanks below the ride, itself.
I believe that the base of the ride sits 30 feet above the water, but the numbers started getting a bit tricky, and I am a poly sci major.

We also got a fun sticker on our boxed lunch:

I'm disappointed that it's just painted and not textured on the supports, as many of these get set decorations, so I hope BGW doesn't try to spew some 'safety' line with not doing so.

That being said: I learned my lesson with InvadR that complaining about the final look without seeing it start to have the foliage grow in and theming done.

Not defending BGW but, in looking at various Screamin' Swing images on line, all are simply painted in one way or the other. Even Dollywood, perhaps the best at theming outside of Orlando, is painted (albeit they put structures outside of the bases). Maybe it's something to do with vibration (?) that's not conducive to applications.

Either way, 'tis big and ugly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190315-100957_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190315-100957_Google.jpg
    912.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Mushroom
In my perfect world, the lower half of the ride's towers would have been painted to match the tan stonework throughout the hamlet and the top half would have been a sky blue to make it look less heavy and domineering. Ideally a small tan stone wall would be build off from the side of Killarney's entrance gate to "connect" to the actual swing structure. This combination seems like it really shouldn't have been that expensive at all and I believe it would look a million times better than what we have now.

Agree with Zachary. Tan castle type walls but theme the swings like a trebuchet (the seating area themed like a basket).

We got some stats at the hard hat tour I thought I would share:

Swing height: 81 feet
Max speed: 45 miles per hour
Ride capacity: 32 people

The compressors will be housed up the hill to minimize the sound. Air will be stored in the tanks below the ride, itself.
I believe that the base of the ride sits 30 feet above the water, but the numbers started getting a bit tricky, and I am a poly sci major.

We also got a fun sticker on our boxed lunch:

View attachment 14123
Yay stickers!!

Reactions: jornor and Nicole
Can someone who has ridden one of these say if it will give me the same (terribly nauseating) feeling I get from swinging ship rides like Battering Ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad