Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were gonna attempt to lay some fake stone on top of the obviously metal sheets. I thought the painting was for something else.

Well I guess it's better than nothing.

From a distanct it makes the grand "castle" entrance of Irelnd look so small now and it still has more height to be added.

AHH!! That paint job looks so freaking nice! I'll bet it will look even better when it's all done.

Reactions: Eric
Great! We get to carry all season long a picture of that girl in the blue getting ready to make it rain the funnel cake she ate before getting on FF. ?

• Wow
Reactions: jornor
is there any real reason why they didn't paint the entire structure? it looks kinda gross imo

We asked about this at the hard hat tour, actually. This is what Marketing told us:

They sent a thematic painter to Utah to add the faux stones on the bottom. The intent was to match it to the rest of the area. The top needed to be brown, however, to make it disappear into the background.

Just as structures are painted blue or green (Be Gone Blue and Go Away Green in Disney parlance, if I recall correctly), FF was so tall that they wanted a way to match it to the skyline. I’m calling it “Blend In Brown.”

Also, @Thomas, my mani is fabulous and sparkly.

it looks kinda gross imo

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I'm sorry, but I think FF's paint job is downright abominable. It's like there wasn't even a slight attempt made at making the fake painted rock blend in with the hamlet's rockwork.

This attraction was bound to look out of place. Now it looks out of place and just downright ugly.

It also looks like they only had a ladder to paint it but so tall. Anyhow, from the various posts from various folks at the preview today it seems the highlight was the refillable cup. Thats all I have really seen posted. Did they at least take you and show you the rest of the parts sitting backstage?

It also looks like they only had a ladder to paint it but so tall. Anyhow, from the various posts from various folks at the preview today it seems the highlight was the refillable cup. Thats all I have really seen posted. Did they at least take you and show you the rest of the parts sitting backstage?

We we able to look at the construction site from several angles and ask questions.

We will post more pictures tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad