Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Project 2017

It looks like the plans have changed quite a bit since the plans that Busch "leaked." Take a look at the the old "leaked plan vs. the new one that Zach just shared. The layout and queue have definitely changed, and it looks like the station will be in a different location than previously shown. I have attached the old overall plan for location reference as well (outlined in bold).

Comparison

Attachments

• comparison.png
    comparison.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
  • Location.png
    Location.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 90

So I recently moved to Richmond, got a BGW season pass after years of being a HP pass holder....and this news couldn't make more more excited. I'm looking to learn more about the part, but using my Geography Degree background, the fact that the footers aren't all that wide, and some of the topography in the area, I think we might be looking at a Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce) type of terrain hugging speed woodie? I would love something like that. Every time I get back to my hometown I ride Boulder Dash, and it's aged well because it doesn't endure extreme stress by not dropping huge distances.

As I suspected. I feel like this could be something the size of White Lightning, but a twister layout as opposed to an out & back.

So, going to be these repainted?

Attachments

• gwazi-train-e1419035884557.jpg
    gwazi-train-e1419035884557.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 73

warfelg said:
I think we might be looking at a Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce) type of terrain hugging speed woodie?  

Sadly, it will be nowhere near the scale of Boulder Dash.  The area for BGW's new coaster is too compact compared to BD's footprint at Lake Compounce.

TrevorBondi said:
^Something doesn't seem quite right about strapping into a sealed, pressurized metal tube with wings and flying at 30,000 feet, but that doesn't mean flying is unsafe.

Who said flying or wooden roller coasters were unsafe?

Unagi said:
warfelg said:
I think we might be looking at a Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce) type of terrain hugging speed woodie?  

Sadly, it will be nowhere near the scale of Boulder Dash.  The area for BGW's new coaster is too compact compared to BD's footprint at Lake Compounce.

Definitely wasn't thinking about scale, rather the style. You can get a lot our of that without having to ever be massively off the ground at any one point at still offer massive thrills.

Reactions: Dylon

Unagi said:
Chris said:
So, going to be these repainted?

Or maybe some mini-llennium flyer trains?  I assume this is going to be a family friendly ride based on the amount of space being used.

Gwazi's trains are Millennium Flyer trains.

Right, so the question would be, are the Gwazi trains going to be repurposed for use here, or will we get some new, custom themed mini-llennium flyer trains (assuming this is a family friendly coaster)?

(I've only come back to see what's going on at the park recently, so I'm not sure if the location of the Gwazi trains is known and has already been discussed here.)

Reactions: Sky

Chris said:
Right, so the question would be, are the Gwazi trains going to be repurposed for use here, or will we get some new, custom themed mini-llennium flyer trains?

(I've only come back to see what's going on at the park recently, so I'm not sure if the location of the Gwazi trains is known and has already been discussed here.)

They most likely will be repurposed for BGW. But I'm guessing they'll first be sent to GCI's factory in Pennsylvania for refurbishing and rehab.

Reactions: jornor

So, I guess the Le Mans car in the one video was just a complete red herring? Surely the theming isn't a runaway car in a haunted forest or old logging camp.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad