Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Project 2017

adc06270-5f7c-0131-ed2f-2acb088ed024.jpeg

Reactions: Coaster

After watching the video many, many times and looking for things, I've found these hints:

-"Family Ride Ideas" book
-A book by Roland Mack (from MACK rides)
-The MACK Rides company logo
-That lumberjack-esque beard on Larry
-(I think) a crosscut saw and a big saw blade

There are probably more that I forgot or just didn't see, but I'm pretty much sold that Mack is behind it. That's surely an interesting Bobsled theory, but I dont see them creating this much hype for a bobsled coaster (at least a spinner has a cooler, more appealing aspect to it than a dying-off Bobsled does). Can't wait to see how much they reveal on the 19th.

CoasterMac said:
There are probably more that I forgot or just didn't see, but I'm pretty much sold that Mack is behind it. That's surely an interesting Bobsled theory, but I dont see them creating this much hype for a bobsled coaster (at least a spinner has a cooler, more appealing aspect to it than a dying-off Bobsled does). Can't wait to see how much they reveal on the 19th.

Lest anyone believe I actually think it's going to be a bobsled coaster, I was simply playing a humorous connect the dots game.

It will almost certainly be a Mack spinner.

Plenty of backstory options though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fearsome_critters

They keep talking about a drop in the videos and the yellow caution sign is for Mach Tower's drop. I'm assuming this is all referencing the drop under the walkway, but maybe there's something special about it.

And I really hope this isn't a spinner. And it won't be a bobsled haha

Only thing that makes me doubt Mack's involvement(edit: in this video) is the wording on the Mack Binder.

The Binder says "Family Ride Ideas for Busch Entertainment".

Maybe an oversight but how dated is "Busch Entertainment".

Seems like A current proposal binder would have SWP&E on it.

Unless the Corporate structure considers the Busch Gardens Parks A separate division from the Sea Worlds and Aquatica.

Just my thoughts.

I think Larry might just have some really old stuff on his bookshelf that's unrelated to the new ride. The spine of one of the binders still has the old Anheuser-Busch logo on it. The company has been SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment since December 2009. If I were Larry I probably wouldn't waste my time changing my binders.

Also, this may not still be the case, but as far back as 2013 the parks ticketing computers and software still had the A-B Adventure Parks logo within the software. Could still be the case or maybe they've finally updated it, but stuff that is typically not guest facing doesn't always get updated.

So, I do think that has anything to do with the ride.

Gravity Group had some super cool looking "Saw" themed trains, I don't recall a MACK coaster with super super detailed theming, I bet it would look cool though.

CC is looking GREAT. I'd love to see something similar at BGW. That being said, BGW could really use another thrilling coaster. Something to top Apollo's airtime, or some sort of looper could be great. A flyer is, of course a great option. We will see I suppose. But I feel like busch has been off it's attraction game since they closed BBW. Let's hope that the park sees the need for new big kid coasters and makes the next one something that makes BGW worth a trip.

Today I was thinking about possible names if it is a mack spinner and since it's going to be in New France maybe Beavers Blessings..Thoughts? Now that I wrote it sounds kind of dumb but oh well...

Reactions: jonfin826

TrevorBondi said:
Beavers' Blessings sounds more like a cult than a roller coaster...

Yeah ... a cult wasn't what popped in my head. Haha. How about Billy Beavers Buoyant Twirling Logs of DOOM! :) Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

I would just like to say that the story about Le Scoot and the park's marvelous amount of attention to its revamp makes me have a renewed faith in Project 2017. The fact that it will interact with Le Scoot does make me think this will be a custom Mack Spinner, but if Larry is involved as much as he was with Le Scoot, it will be nicely themed and a delight to ride with a renewed original attraction involved.

I think we have a great 2016 and even better 2017 in store!

I'm thinking the new ride well be an interesting development and could be a new type of coaster considering their talks with different companies. I'm not certain this will be a mack spinner and to be honest I'd be disappointed if that turned out to be the case, cause I have found those types of rides to be lacking in several categories.

Bring Back Questor 87 said:
I would just like to say that the story about Le Scoot and the park's marvelous amount of attention to its revamp makes me have a renewed faith in Project 2017. The fact that it will interact with Le Scoot does make me think this will be a custom Mack Spinner, but if Larry is involved as much as he was with Le Scoot, it will be nicely themed and a delight to ride with a renewed original attraction involved.

I think we have a great 2016 and even better 2017 in store!
Yes after reading that article it does make me appreciate Busch Gardens more!

Reactions: Dylon and jornor

A lot of info to pour through here. I'm thinking a wooden roller coaster to fit the Canadian theme in the area. That beard of Larry's reminds me of a lumberjack. VP wouldn't film unnecessary things only those relevant to the new project: The Mach Tower Drop sign, 2012 park plans, Larry's Beard :cool:, and that picture on the wall near the desk should be clues.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad