Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I would be all about an Oktoberfest event, but I worry that another beer-focused offering right after Coasters & Craft Brews would be duplicative.

While I 100% agree with that @Nicole i wonder if a majority of people that would go would connect actual Oktoberfest dates as to why they did it at that time.

To be fair, BGW can just educate the masses.

I would be all about an Oktoberfest event, but I worry that another beer-focused offering right after Coasters & Craft Brews would be duplicative.
In fairness to BGW, they'll have no issue selling out another beer event with these caps in place.

FWIW, I noticed Sunday night on Griffon that the Festhaus and most of Oktoberfest was lit up and music was audibly coming from Germany around 8:45pm. The only other lights on in the left side of the park were the string lights near Tempesto, which I assume is related to Pantheon, and the lights on the San Marco bridge.

• Wow
Reactions: Mushroom
The big unanswered questions right now as it relates to how the Tampa Howl-O-Scream event will compare:

- Is putting up one of the shows in the Royal Palace technically feasible under the current budget set for the event based on likely spending at the 1000 person level?
- Which combination of scare zones do they feel are the most feasible to operate for the event?
- Would they be mirroring the timing of late September through end of October that Tampa is operating, as opposed to running a separate September event?

Yeah, for me I feel like if they want the general public to latch onto another event, it needs to be diversified in some way.

Oh, good, you found your way to this thread too.

I find my way into most threads. It's actually not that hard to do.

FWIW, I noticed Sunday night on Griffon that the Festhaus and most of Oktoberfest was lit up and music was audibly coming from Germany around 8:45pm. The only other lights on in the left side of the park were the string lights near Tempesto, which I assume is related to Pantheon, and the lights on the San Marco bridge.
If you recall correctly most of Germany and France are run from the same general controls so it's probably just easier to have them both on. That being said it's certainly possible that they are doing work for a future event there.

The big unanswered questions right now as it relates to how the Tampa Howl-O-Scream event will compare:

- Is putting up one of the shows in the Royal Palace technically feasible under the current budget set for the event based on likely spending at the 1000 person level?
- Which combination of scare zones do they feel are the most feasible to operate for the event?
- Would they be mirroring the timing of late September through end of October that Tampa is operating, as opposed to running a separate September event?

Yeah, for me I feel like if they want the general public to latch onto another event, it needs to be diversified in some way.

I do not think that BGW would be bringing back a show for a HOS event unless the park cap was lifted. I don't think the ROI would be high enough to justify spending that money.

From what I have heard, we should expect an event at BGW to be more of a theme overlay than what we are used to. This likely means just decorations. The caveat to this is that all of this is very fluid. They are still working on the details themselves. I talk to someone one and hear one thing and then the next day they might say something else.

A few thoughts on HOS, CT or any other "events". Could the park possibley run two events at once each with a 1000 person limit? What if they divided the park in half, one side with one theme other with a complet opposite theme? A train could run at each event, say red train from Festa which does not stop anywhere else and blue from newfrance which also does not stop anywhere else. If they both leave at the same time they will stay far enought apart for it to work. They could have a 3rd daytime event for kids and then at night enfouce the 13 and up age or what ever age they want but actually enforce it at the gate. CT could be the same thing, two seperate events each night? As far as a couple houses....remember the outdoors maze you went through after you went through the two Drachen Fire buildings that only lasted a year or two. Just walking through something like that even with little to no scare actors would work. With HHN being canceled any park that can pull off a halloween event this season will be a winner.

Interesting idea @WDWRLD, but how would the park ensure guests don't cross the boundaries to go over the capacity limits, how would guests get into and out of the side of the park that isn't using the main entrance in Banbury Cross, and most importantly how would this not be in violation of the capacity cap since BGW is considered one venue.

True @BGWnut, just like it isn't that hard to be polite instead of snide. Or just saying nothing is an option, too.
I thought I was plenty polite considering the initial comment. I'm not here to start drama or anything of the sort. Just here to talk about BGW and other theme parks.

I will say this though, your post also applies right back to you. In fact, I think your post was even more uncalled for than my response to the initial comment or the initial comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zachary
I thought I was plenty polite considering the initial comment.

Okay now I am confused, because my initial comment was completely earnest. I was glad you found your way to this conversation that had splintered off from the others. I honestly never once considered my initial comment would be read as snide or sarcastic, and apologize that it held that connotation in any way. (And for the record, I don’t think BGW Family is claiming you are snide, I think that’s about me, and tied to my discussion with them elsewhere.)

A few thoughts on HOS, CT or any other "events". Could the park possibley run two events at once each with a 1000 person limit? What if they divided the park in half, one side with one theme other with a complet opposite theme? A train could run at each event, say red train from Festa which does not stop anywhere else and blue from newfrance which also does not stop anywhere else. If they both leave at the same time they will stay far enought apart for it to work. They could have a 3rd daytime event for kids and then at night enfouce the 13 and up age or what ever age they want but actually enforce it at the gate. CT could be the same thing, two seperate events each night? As far as a couple houses....remember the outdoors maze you went through after you went through the two Drachen Fire buildings that only lasted a year or two. Just walking through something like that even with little to no scare actors would work. With HHN being canceled any park that can pull off a halloween event this season will be a winner.
I do think this is an interesting idea. My only concern is the same as @Jonesta6. I am not sure if this would actually be possible because technically BGW is considered one venue.

As far as how to accomplish it, I would think that they would utilize the England parking lot for one side and have them enter straight into Ireland. Then the other side could utilize England and enter that way. Then to add some distance they could use the pathway between the bathrooms and Squire's that leads to the Skyride and FoF and then they could leave the crossroads in Scotland blocked off.

Okay now I am confused, because my initial comment was completely earnest. I was glad you found your way to this conversation that had splintered off from the others. I honestly never once considered my initial comment would be read as snide or sarcastic, and apologize that it held that connotation in any way.
Then my apologies for thinking that was you meant. Just goes to show that when you assume well we all know the rest

Even if the park somehow manages to get around the 1000-person limit and separates BGW into two separate businesses, effectively, the truth is that doing it simultaneously would be a mess from a staffing and logistics perspective, which is the bigger issue here. The whole point of the limited events is that they're able to operate on a reduced staff footprint, and keep many full-time staff furloughed, which would be much harder if not impossible to do if they were running two halves of the park simultaneously.

Basically, right now the park is using the two timeslots to effectively double the daily capacity to 2000, which is already a loophole of sorts around the state's restrictions. To go any further in trying to game the system runs into the optics issue that is equally attached to suing the current restrictions, and it appears that the park is content with the profitability of this event to move forward within those restrictions.

Reactions: Zachary
I was thinking that basically use the current setup for one half then add parking in the preferred lot and everyone enters the park through the gate by the tram stop and into the park either by forrest of fun or Apollo for that half the park. While it is considered one venue if they came up with a solid plan and completely seperate operations and no way of guests crossing over then itmight get the green light. I would say close the path at the train crossing at Forrest of Fun, and at the bridge from Italy over to Pompeii and use the backstage areas for access and entrance to the park. That would give a fairly large buffer between guests. At the other end close the bridge over the flume. Again, that would be a sizeable buffer.

Even if the park somehow manages to get around the 1000-person limit and separates BGW into two separate businesses, effectively, the truth is that doing it simultaneously would be a mess from a staffing and logistics perspective, which is the bigger issue here. The whole point of the limited events is that they're able to operate on a reduced staff footprint, and keep many full-time staff furloughed, which would be much harder if not impossible to do if they were running two halves of the park simultaneously.

Basically, right now the park is using the two timeslots to effectively double the daily capacity to 2000, which is already a loophole of sorts around the state's restrictions. To go any further in trying to game the system runs into the optics issue that is equally attached to suing the current restrictions, and it appears that the park is content with the profitability of this event to move forward within those restrictions.
But if that half is proitable then basically doubling it will double any profits they are making. For HOS or CT a daytime event is not going to be as popular as a evening, its just the nature of Halloween and Christmas Lights.

If you want to get into fun legal strategies, BGW should set up every store and restaurant they want to open as a wholly owned subsidiary of the park and then count their individual capacities towards how many are allowed on property. Festhaus alone should open up a few hundred more slots. Santa's workshop during CT could get a few hundred more.

Maybe do the train and skyride as well, though they'd probably need to charge some nominal amount for them to pass the smell test.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad