Possible Mini-Events During COVID Operations

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
(Since Coasters and Craft Brews has been extended, I thought it made sense to give this concept a thread. I wasn't sure where it really belonged, when I first posted, but now it seems more relevant.)

If the Coasters and Craft Beers event works out for the park, I've been pondering what other events I would like to see them host this year. So, I thought I'd share my random ideas. I haven't fleshed them out very much, and I am sure they could all use some tweaking.

September: Oktoberfest. The have done this mini-event for a few years. They could keep the beer with fewer stations and add more German food kiosks. Hamlets: Banbury, San Marco, Festa, Oktoberfest, and Rhinefeld.

October: Howl-O-Scream. The event would have to reduced and modified dramatically, but they could have scare zones with a few actors, heavy theming, maybe the train, and one or two outside mazes with atmospheric actors. Hamlets: Banbury, Heatherdowns, Killarney, Wild Reserve, Aquitaine, and New France.

November: Harvest Festival. They could do a harvest themed food and wine event. Hamlets: Banbury, San Marco, Oktoberfest, Rhinefeld, New France.

December: Christmas Town. This would also have to be scaled back, but I think there is a great opportunity for shopping, food, and lights. I would love to see the Skyride operating and a full loop (Flight of Lights). Hamlets: Banbury, Scotland, Wild Reserve, Aquitaine, New France, Rhinefeld.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
October: Howl-O-Scream. The event would have to reduced and modified dramatically, but they could have scare zones with a few actors, heavy theming, maybe the train, and one or two outside mazes with atmospheric actors. Hamlets: Banbury, Heatherdowns, Killarney, Wild Reserve, Aquitaine, and New France.
This.

Literally all the park has to do is theme Ireland to Jack and bring back the train as a haunted attraction and the event would sell out instantly. Some sort of subtle, Rhine River Cruise HOS overlay with audio could be really neat and inexpensive, as well. Also, as the temperature drops I could see theme parks become even more appealing as many are choosing not go due to the mask policy combined with summer heat.

Mar 16, 2016
If they could get the rights to David S Pumpkins they don't need to worry about contact at all.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
It just occurred to me that I left out Forest of Fun. I think it might make the most sense to open it for the Harvest Festival and Christmas Town. I'm not sure that Land of the Dragons could be opened at all, however. It just seems like one, big COVID-spreading touchpoint.

Lolers

Wavering faith will not serve you well
Sep 14, 2014
This may improve the Howl-O-Scream experience for me. I'm not a big fan of the scare actors jumping into my personal space.

EDIT: I mean this within the context of social distancing and presuming scare actors wouldn't be allowed so close to guests.

Jul 7, 2019
This may improve the Howl-O-Scream experience for me. I'm not a big fan of the scare actors jumping into my personal space.

EDIT: I mean this within the context of social distancing and presuming scare actors wouldn't be allowed so close to guests.
I personally like the actors jumping toward you but not getting toooo close. It gives that scary but yet fun feeling.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad