The waveswinger at SFA is a sorely needed attraction for Great Adventure. Could see us getting a flat ride package for next season if our(Great Adventure) launch coaster for next year is delayed.
that's what im saying, and if wild one part of this ride package, then its better be worth itThe waveswinger at SFA is a sorely needed attraction for Great Adventure. Could see us getting a flat ride package for next season if our(Great Adventure) launch coaster for next year is delayed.
Any word on Ragin’ Cajun to SFGADV?Someone at the forefront recently gave me some good insight into the parting out, which is definitely in full swing behind the scenes. I'll try and give you an idea of the current state of things.
Corporate has gone up and down the lineup, I daresay they have a good idea of what hardware they want to keep/salvage/scrap. Six Flags is very interested in keeping whatever hardware they've spent a lot of money on in recent years. Ride brokers have been scouring the park for certain pieces, trying to figure out what they want and what corporate might let them get. It's a mindset of what is in the best shape, what can I haul out of the park easily, what has the best chance of selling, what favorable deal can I make for a specific party. Other parties are peeking in to see what might interest them.
If anyone was curious about the coasters, a few have already had death certificates signed. The Wild One relocation rumor will have to be put to rest sadly, I think anyone could pinpoint the others that are very immediately not leaving. The list is inclusive though, not exclusive.
It's all an ongoing tug a war and there's no done deals at this time, hence why I can't really get into the nitty gritty. Interested to see how everything plays out.
Enjoy your SLC, Valleyfair.If anyone was curious about the coasters, a few have already had death certificates signed. The Wild One relocation rumor will have to be put to rest sadly, I think anyone could pinpoint the others that are very immediately not leaving. The list is inclusive though, not exclusive.
My guesses are Joker's Jinx, Roar, Batwing, Firebird are definitely done. Highly likely done is Ride of Steel.Someone at the forefront recently gave me some good insight into the parting out, which is definitely in full swing behind the scenes. I'll try and give you an idea of the current state of things.
Corporate has gone up and down the lineup, I daresay they have a good idea of what hardware they want to keep/salvage/scrap. Six Flags is very interested in keeping whatever hardware they've spent a lot of money on in recent years. Ride brokers have been scouring the park for certain pieces, trying to figure out what they want and what corporate might let them get. It's a mindset of what is in the best shape, what can I haul out of the park easily, what has the best chance of selling, what favorable deal can I make for a specific party. Other parties are peeking in to see what might interest them.
If anyone was curious about the coasters, a few have already had death certificates signed. The Wild One relocation rumor will have to be put to rest sadly, I think anyone could pinpoint the others that are very immediately not leaving. The list is inclusive though, not exclusive.
It's all an ongoing tug a war and there's no done deals at this time, hence why I can't really get into the nitty gritty. Interested to see how everything plays out.
Wild One does NOT have a shot anymore. I was explicitly told that there is an expectation in place already to scrap it, and I explicitly said that it was dead (Source trust me browild one is mostly likely is getting saved, I mean, we seen cases like this happened (maybe carowinds can get it?)
He has sources and he just said it’s done. Enough with the hopiumwild one is mostly likely is getting saved, I mean, we seen cases like this happened (maybe carowinds can get it?)
I really can’t fathom anything but Ragin’ Cajun and Great Chase being saved at this stage. JJ is absolutely getting parted out, Roar is unfortunately not something anyone would want to bother relocating, Batwing is likely already dead, Firebird is well past its expiration date, and Superman is a coaster on a scale never relocated before.My guesses are Joker's Jinx, Roar, Batwing, Firebird are definitely done. Highly likely done is Ride of Steel.
I hope JJ can give FoF at least 2-3 more years.I really can’t fathom anything but Ragin’ Cajun and Great Chase being saved at this stage. JJ is absolutely getting parted out, Roar is unfortunately not something anyone would want to bother relocating, Batwing is likely already dead, Firebird is well past its expiration date, and Superman is a coaster on a scale never relocated before.
There’s a chance some park overseas buys Screamore, if T3 ain’t dead yet anything’s possible for an SLC, but I think SF is more likely to send the new trains to a park that hasn’t gotten them yet and scrap the ride itself.
I think what works against Superman is how many footers it would need, and how much steel supports it would require to move to like a Michigan's Adventure or some other park with enough flat land to make the layout work.Superman is a coaster on a scale never relocated before.
Boy, that comparison really shows how Intiman improved their game with ride design in such a short period of time. I agree it would be quite an ordeal to move SROS. Better off getting a new more efficient model even if it costs a little more $$ up-front.I think what works against Superman is how many footers it would need, and how much steel supports it would require to move to like a Michigan's Adventure or some other park with enough flat land to make the layout work.
Compare Superman, to Goliath at Walibi Holland, something opened only two years later than SFA's model. Kind-of overkill and that would be expensive to pour all these footers for an attraction 25 years old:
View attachment 39289
View attachment 39290
I mean, I didn’t want to elaborate on it, but Six Flags did just spent a significant amount of money on not only the trains but a completely new control system, electronics, PLC, etc. The bones are too good to scrap right now if they have the option of moving it first.There’s a chance some park overseas buys Screamore, if T3 ain’t dead yet anything’s possible for an SLC, but I think SF is more likely to send the new trains to a park that hasn’t gotten them yet and scrap the ride itself.
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.