Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
As some who works customer service should they ever be yelled at? Well of course not. That said the park is busy under staffed and pretty much everyone working won't have a paycheck after tonight patients are thin someone is going to snap as long as it's just verbal and not explicit give over it. Trust me you don't want to know how many times I wanted to tell a customer to shut up over the Christmas holidays at my job.

Yep walked through with s bunch of stuff that set of KDs all the time. That actually concerns me. How much are they catching and how likely is something that should be caught getting through. From a liability prospective setting them up but not running them effectively is more of a liability then not having them.
We were entering the food area of Festhaus and half of group was through the spinning turnstile when the lady decided its was enough and told the rest of our group they couldn’t come. When we tried to explain there were two more people in our group she literally yelled “the line is closed”. The second time was when trying to get a drink refill. There were no guests waiting for drinks, they were all held up waiting for food and there were 3 register lines with no one in them. I went in like I have done for years and 2 people running registers literally started yelling you have to wait in the food line. The refills this way have been encouraged by BGW for years. Simply talking to me like a person would have been fine with me but to be screamed at by employees is in called for. I pay to be in the park.....which in urn gives them jobs. This has been the absolutely rudest night ever by team members. We ended up going to Marco Polos for refills.

Reactions: Merboy and Alf33
As far as the detectors I went through with a iphone, a large backup battery, cable, flashlight with a lithium batteries not to mention a few other things that should alert on any security check in my pockets unnoticed.

Good.

I'm going to state some facts that may be interpreted as political and upset some people. They are just facts. There are more guns in the US than people. Approximately 40,000 people die from guns annually. 40% of Americans live in households with guns. And about half of everyone knows someone who has been shot.

Until something above changes, damn right I want metal detectors in public places.

So what happens when someone decides to target the security line? As friend who is security consultant has said for years that there has been a growing concern that these screenings which tend to stack a large number of people up in a relatively tight space will become tempting targets. What do we do then?

Last edited:
They need to provide baskets like KD. I carried my camera bag through which set off the detector. The bag check was very simple and not thorough. I then had to empty my pockets, again, and stand with my arms out while I was checked with the hand-held wand. Not exactly a smooth process. I can see it really backing things up when its busy.

Tonights security was more lax than it was with the bag check. The machines were not picking up hardly anything. One person in our group was wanded and it signaled around the waist band area, it was passed off as a belt buckle without further investigation. Like I said above I entered with many things that should have alarmed but did not.

I wonder if given the time frame the metal detectors might not have been fine tuned yet and maybe they are not set right. They were not there new year's day so they only been installed in the last three days maybe they are still calibrating them and said well use th.gem even though they don't work right yet

I wonder if given the time frame the metal detectors might not have been fine tuned yet and maybe they are not set right. They were not there new year's day so they only been installed in the last three days maybe they are still calibrating them and said well use th.gem even though they don't work right yet
Nah, SeaWorld Orlando and bgt have them set the same

Metal detectors are a chain-wide requirement for SEAS parks in 2019 so yes, they will be at Water Country USA as well.

And yes, I can vouch for SeaWorld Orlando having their metal detectors set the same way. I walked through yesterday with my phone, keys, and wallet without setting anything off.

So what happens when someone decides to target the security line? As friend who is security consultant has said for years that there has been a growing concern that these screenings which tend to stack a large number of people up in a relatively tight space will become tempting targets. What do we do then?
Amazing that there haven't been more of those types of attacks in the US. Hopefully it stays that way. At least you can say the incident generally would be within easier reach of responding units than if it were buried deeper in the property, for what that's worth.

But yeah, it's almost like the problem is more deeply rooted in the widespread easy availability of lethal weapons than any particular security policy can truly address on its own. Almost just like that.

Reactions: UncleDuncan

This is precisely the concern that caused Disney to redesign the security checkpoints at their Florida parks, mostly the Magic Kingdom. They broke their security checkpoint from one at the entrance into the park into four: at both the monorail and ferry boat entrances, as well as the two pedestrian paths to the park. Definitely helps limit the bottleneck, but of course I’m not sure how this is feasible at BGW or KD.

This is precisely the concern that caused Disney to redesign the security checkpoints at their Florida parks, mostly the Magic Kingdom. They broke their security checkpoint from one at the entrance into the park into four: at both the monorail and ferry boat entrances, as well as the two pedestrian paths to the park. Definitely helps limit the bottleneck, but of course I’m not sure how this is feasible at BGW or KD.
No, it was redesigned to make the Monorail and Ferry Boat systems inside the secure area. The TTC is now a bigger crowd location than MK ever was.

I went on Saturday and they seemed pretty pointless. I pushed my stroller through, it alarmed, I walked through with my backpack, it alarmed and then they did the bag search and wanded the stroller. It was all rather silly and I didn't feel like it added any safety.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad