Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
You are correct. Take my (and everyone else's) posts from a decade ago with a grain of salt. BGW history facts are FAR more accessible these days than they were back then. Plus, in the last decade, people have surfaced a ton of previously-lost-to-the-hivemind park knowledge as well. 😋

If I’m remembering correctly, there was never 2 lifts, it had what was known as a spillway drop. Not many flumes have them, but if you watch the arrow documentary by ACE, there’s a brief mention about that. It would make sense given the support structure there.
This is correct with old pictures that I have seen. It was a rise with only the force of the first dropp and running water to push you up. It was modified to the current configuration because as the average weight of riders increased the logs would sit to low causing them to scape and the valley.

You are correct. Take my (and everyone else's) posts from a decade ago with a grain of salt. BGW history facts are FAR more accessible these days than they were back then. Plus, in the last decade, people have surfaced a ton of previously-lost-to-the-hivemind park knowledge as well. 😋

As long as nobody goes and finds the first post in my "Fun Facts!" thread from 2011, we should be good.

The boats have been pulled from storage and are now visible behind the final drop and the lift belt looks to be mostly on I am think a late spring break opening isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I am hearing vague rumors about testing issues but maintenance is on it working on the drop at thr moment

Attachments

• 20220412_121930.jpg
    20220412_121930.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad