Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Coasternerd

What’s better than one coaster? 2 coasters!
Dec 7, 2021
I figured it was inevitable, after what I remember one person saying in the 40th anniversary documentary: that they were choosing between New France and France for Griffon. To me, it said they had considered removing flume altogether, or shoving something behind it.
I’d rather them shove something behind it than tear it down.

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
If I’m remembering correctly, there was never 2 lifts, it had what was known as a spillway drop. Not many flumes have them, but if you watch the arrow documentary by ACE, there’s a brief mention about that. It would make sense given the support structure there.

You are correct. Take my (and everyone else's) posts from a decade ago with a grain of salt. BGW history facts are FAR more accessible these days than they were back then. Plus, in the last decade, people have surfaced a ton of previously-lost-to-the-hivemind park knowledge as well. 😋

Last edited:

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
You are correct. Take my (and everyone else's) posts from a decade ago with a grain of salt. BGW history facts are FAR more accessible these days than they were back then. Plus, in the last decade, people have surfaced a ton of previously-lost-to-the-hivemind park knowledge as well. 😋

If I’m remembering correctly, there was never 2 lifts, it had what was known as a spillway drop. Not many flumes have them, but if you watch the arrow documentary by ACE, there’s a brief mention about that. It would make sense given the support structure there.
This is correct with old pictures that I have seen. It was a rise with only the force of the first dropp and running water to push you up. It was modified to the current configuration because as the average weight of riders increased the logs would sit to low causing them to scape and the valley.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011

As long as nobody goes and finds the first post in my "Fun Facts!" thread from 2011, we should be good.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
The boats have been pulled from storage and are now visible behind the final drop and the lift belt looks to be mostly on I am think a late spring break opening isn't out of the realm of possibility.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I am hearing vague rumors about testing issues but maintenance is on it working on the drop at thr moment

Attachments

• 20220412_121930.jpg
    20220412_121930.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Login or Register to Hide This Ad