La Cucina

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
You got me curious @BGWnut . The Mickey Mouse Club song was "Hot Dog!" and had the lyric ”hot diggity dog" in it.

Wikipedia says it was popularized by a 1956 Perry Como hit "Hot Diggity! (Dog Diggity Boom). The phrase dates back to the 20''s from an Al Jolson song.

And now a long distance dedication from a listener in...

Reactions: BGWnut
May 27, 2011
Why not instead of hotdog and chips, try Italian mild sausage and arancini...ok, maybe too rich for a 5 year old’s taste buds...or sausage and panelle or taralli.

Ooh! A restaurant of Italian street food!

Reactions: jornor and Lolers
Feb 14, 2019
Why not instead of hotdog and chips, try Italian mild sausage and arancini...ok, maybe too rich for a 5 year old’s taste buds...or sausage and panelle or taralli.

Ooh! A restaurant of Italian street food!
Hell, go the olive garden route and make breadstick sandwiches would be thematically better. But this is Festa...

May 27, 2011
Hell, go the olive garden route and make breadstick sandwiches would be thematically better. But this is Festa...
Because that would be taking a step backward into falso italiano.
I was trying to think more authentic and street foodie...like dogs and chips.
🤷🏼‍♂️

Sep 24, 2018
I'm not going to shit on this. Good luck getting authentic anything for 5 dollars at a theme park. This isn't a bad deal. Kids like hot dogs. It works.
I agree. This same thing is like $10 at WCUSA. It's a nice cheap way to feed your kids

Feb 14, 2019
Never said it wasn't a good deal for park food, more just grumbling about that it's not a good option that lends to the theme of the area it's served in. Because a slice of pizza would be too hard to sell...

Feb 14, 2019
Theming in Festa is loose at best. And the pizza was inedible. So, I, personally, don't miss it.
How hard could a simple grilled cheese panini be then - Italian enough in name if not execution. Throw in a cold cut or two and maybe a leafy green of some sort with tomato for an upcharge. Boom, done!

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I think it's admirable to try to offer food that fits into the particular hamlet's theme with food offerings, but the goal is to offer food that'll sell with a good profit margin. I think you'll still see some "regional" offerings, but also more "Americanized" menu items as palates of guests change. I think the days of "only Italian food in Italy" and "only German food Germany" are pretty much over.

Reactions: Mushroom
Feb 14, 2019
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Clearly, you never tried the Tempesto Panini. I did not know people could make food that repulsive. Just thinking about it is making me queasy.
Clearly I did not - didn't realize that was ever a thing. Thanks for the heads up

Connor

fanny pack enthusiast
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
While hot dogs don’t fit into the theme of Festa, is there even a consistent theme in the hamlet at the moment? Also, why are people complaining about a deal that happens once a week in the back section of a dead end area in the park? I’m personally fine with this it’s a pretty solid deal themepark price wise and I imagine people strolling through on a Tuesday might purchase the combo just for the value.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad