Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Killarney Kommotion (2013 to Present)

Party Rocker said:
And this philosophy would scare them away and I highly doubt enthusiasts alone can cover there costs. Please everyone.

Yeah? Would it? Cause it seems like ever since the park has decide to start going down this path everything has started to fall apart. I dont think light sword sales alone can cover the cost.

Party Rocker said:
Can you guys just not accept the fact I think the show is decent for a summer night 10 minute show. Why must I be put on the stake for giving my honest opinion? So what ignore me and move on.

But PR, the park is falling apart. Someone must be sacrificed at the stake for the good of the park. You are the chosen one.

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser

The chosen one? Sounds either really bad or good? Are there brownies involved :p

CK, eh, I guess thats what I get for being involved in a public forum and expecting some decency.

kCp1g.gif

Party Rocker said:
CK, eh, I guess thats what I get for being involved in a public forum and expecting some decency.

Oh? Fine telling other people how to post but can't handle when other people disagree with you?

Well here is how the show breaks down, construction workers are hardly working the site, they start the 'stomp' method more or less, then from there it they introduce the band as Kilarney Kommotion, the latest and greats irish band. At that point, you are at a concert taking place right next to/inside a construction zone and then it just ends.

Pretzel Kaiser said:
Party Rocker said:

Oh? Fine telling other people how to post but can't handle when other people disagree with you?

Of course, didn't you know that is how the internet works.

Listen, I can be just as opinionated as PR is...probably more so. PK & CK can easily attest to that.

My motto is this, not just on here, but for just about everything. F--k what other people think. As long as you present your case in a manner that isn't going to make your mamma upset, then do it.

Just don't mention my kids in any criticism of any of my posts. That's all I ever ask of anybody. :) I tend to get a tad bit cranky when that happens.

Having said that, I still nominate PR to be the sacrificial lamb to the amusement park gods so that our beloved BGW might be spared the poleaxe treatment. LOL

So, should I check this out wednesday night? :-/ How many beers do I need beforehand?

Reactions: Julia

CK, going back to your summary impressions ... I really couldn't tell if that was a good "wow" at the end, a bad "wow," or an undecided "wow." I'm guessing from your further comments that your personal jury is still out on Killarney Kommotion (undecided wow)?

Idk. This wouldn't be my favorite idea for a show in Ireland, and not sure really what the construction zone set has to do with anything Irish or with the music of the show itself (maybe an excuse/theme for the "stomp" parts?) -- but if you do think of it as a quick party or dance show -- in that light, is it still that bad, those of you who've seen it?

BBW said:
CK, going back to your summary impressions ... I really couldn't tell if that was a good "wow" at the end, a bad "wow," or an undecided "wow." I'm guessing from your further comments that your personal jury is still out on Killarney Kommotion (undecided wow)?

Idk. This wouldn't be my favorite idea for a show in Ireland, and not sure really what the construction zone set has to do with anything Irish or with the music of the show itself (maybe an excuse/theme for the "stomp" parts?) -- but if you do think of it as a quick party or dance show -- in that light, is it still that bad, those of you who've seen it?
^
That was by design. I really wanted to like this thing. I have to see it at least two more times to make my decision. I have to see it at night for full effect. And I need to see it with my daughter to get her reactions.

Amended first impressions are:

-Very...interesting.
-Takes too long to get started. They pretend to do construction work for like a whole minute (10% of show).
-Tries REALLY hard to establish Irish connection with music & guy in kilt at the beginning; then to hell with it!! Ga ga...ga ga ga.... ra ra... whatever.
-Needs stripper poles on main ground stage and middle scaffolding stage.
-Teach the guitar player how to fake it more realistically.
-HUGE production for a ten minute IllumiNights show.
-It takes the magic out of Killarney.
-Jack is Back is right...with a vengeance.
-Would really rather have multiple small productions than this thing.
-Recommend seeing at night for light effects and sparks.
-Please turn the music down just a little when the show is over. Shafor and myself were screaming into each other's ear and still couldn't hear one another.
-Just one word sums up this show... WOW!!! Just wow.
-Wow is still undecided at this time.
-There is hope, though. I was not so kind with Entwined v.3. That one was an almost instant decision.
-And it needs HOT SAUCE!! :p

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad