Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I disagree that Killarney's soundtrack is too short- I've always thought it was the park's most impressively comprehensive soundtrack. @BGW Family documented the entire playlist in 2014 and found that Killarney's playlist has a whopping 83 songs and is 5 hours and 7 minutes long. Compare that to areas like Heatherdowns and Rhinefeld where I swear the soundtracks have 5 songs on them.

Totally down for some new music, though! Just not because Killarney's is too short IMO.

Killarney is the one spot in the park where I don't necessarily feel the obvious loop. I could go through 3 times a day and hear different songs each time, the same cant be said about Scotland and Germany.

I think it is always good to refresh these classic soundtracks by adding on new and thematically appropriate (looking at you, invasion of Britrock into England) songs to the existing soundtrack. IMO it can't ever be too long of a loop as long as all the songs are thematically appropriate and aren't wildly different in their tone.

I disagree that Killarney's soundtrack is too short- I've always thought it was the park's most impressively comprehensive soundtrack. @BGW Family documented the entire playlist in 2014 and found that Killarney's playlist has a whopping 83 songs and is 5 hours and 7 minutes long. Compare that to areas like Heatherdowns and Rhinefeld where I swear the soundtracks have 5 songs on them.

Totally down for some new music, though! Just not because Killarney's is too short IMO.

I would be shocked if that playlist still exists in Killarney. I swear I've heard the playlist loop recently within an hour.

Killarney is the one spot in the park where I don't necessarily feel the obvious loop. I could go through 3 times a day and hear different songs each time, the same cant be said about Scotland and Germany.

I think it is always good to refresh these classic soundtracks by adding on new and thematically appropriate (looking at you, invasion of Britrock into England) songs to the existing soundtrack. IMO it can't ever be too long of a loop as long as all the songs are thematically appropriate and aren't wildly different in their tone.

Totally agree. I think KD is pretty good about this. Most areas of the park (except Jungle X which has its own custom soundtrack) have between 100 and 200 songs on their playlists, and the park's music software allows them to continually add new songs. The real key is that everything is thematically appropriate. Their playlists are all on shuffle too which adds some variety -- you never know what song is coming next, unlike BGW where I know exactly what song is about to play when the previous song ends.

That said, there's something nostalgic and comforting about hearing the same songs I've always heard at BGW. I practically associate Heatherdowns' few songs with the character of the area itself, and hearing those familiar songs whenever I walk through the area almost signals to me that this really is a village where time has stood still -- where all is as it should be, and has been for centuries. It's part of the charm.

Last edited:
I would be shocked if that playlist still exists in Killarney. I swear I've heard the playlist loop recently within an hour.

I was in Killarney twice yesterday and made note of the fact that the songs still play in the exact order that @BGW Family listed. Both times I was there, the chunks of songs I heard both matched exactly with that list. I guess it's possible that between the times I was there, some other songs from the list had been removed, although it seems weird to me that they'd take some chunks of songs out of the playlist while keeping others and preserving the order.

This times a billion. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to BGW growing up (my parents prefered KD because it was a day trip whereas I've stayed in a hotel all but two of the times I've gone to the Gardens), but I can play that music in my head at will to the point where I was listening to the song "As Old Friends Do" (?) as I was reading your post. The only section that I don't have the music for practically downloaded into my brain is New France, and I was driving with the windows down last night and all it took was a sniff of the air to suddenly have a longing for Le Scoot.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad