Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I didn't know that about Goliath so it's possible. Personally I would rather have a hill that looks more like steel vengeance though.
 
Zach is pretty much spot on with what I've heard about RMC Gwazi up to this point. This will be the first RMC conversion to put down some footers instead of just reusing / abandoning them, so BGT is investing a little bit more money into this project than other parks have.

The other thing I've grasped myself is this project will not have an MCBR so it will be very likely (due to how difficult RMC trains are to check) that this project will probably run 2 trains at a time.
 
It sounds like this massive new lift hill will be all-new construction. Presumably it will use a steel arch structure a la Goliath at Six Flags Great America instead of a traditional wooden support structure as is shown in the "concept art."

I'm with you on this.

It doesn't make sense to have a 200-ft tall wooden structure for a roller coaster's lift hill in Florida especially with a more brutal climate (heat, humidity, sun light) and year round operations. Mean Streak already had a 160-ft tall structure with a wide base that RMC could just add on to for Steel Vengeance. Gwazi topped out at a max 105-ft tall as GCI is known for not building record setting wood coasters when it comes height. If the rumored 212-ft height is in fact true then that means they are gonna have to more than double the height of the original coaster. I just don't see that happening with a wooden lift hill. I'm thinking a brand new lift hill with the steel arch is going up and will tower over both of the former lion and tiger tracks which will be combined into one coaster as there is also a lot of unused land in that area that RMC can utilize for a new layout. Also, a steel arch structure would be a space saver and much less maintenance would be needed than a wooden lift hill.
 
I hope it turns out to have a straight drop... Because forces.

Other than that...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Unagi
So took some time working on this, based on what some places have speculated, the little bit we know, and my conjecture, I give you my proposed layout for RMC Gwazi. Come out on the standard exit there, and the up the lift hill. Followed by the drop into an big overbook turn, and down, then back up to a zero-G roll. Followed by a down and back up to a pop of airtime for another overbooked turn. Here I'm conflicted, barrel roll or not. I say let's put one in there, down and a wave turn. I'm thinking a new one of an outward banked wave turn past the station. This take out up into an inverted stall turn connected to the lift hill. And another overbooked turn into an extreme headchopping over-under element, with one last overbook turn, into some S-curves or one last inline roll. After one last overbank turn, we come into the break run. 14038
 
  • Like
Reactions: Logang and cdchen83
after watching the teaser and a few other peoples analysis, threw my layout on paper and in paint.. 14040
 

Attachments

  • gwazioverhead.jpeg
    gwazioverhead.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
  • gwazi stall.jpeg
    gwazi stall.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: wombat96
You have the new lift hill going over Tiger’s old lift hill. The new lift will actually be built to the left of that. ?

There seems to be some conflicting reports there TBH. I've seen some places say it's a new lift, and there's others saying the lift hill being taken out are to reuse it's footers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cdchen83
You guys are too quick yet thorough plotting and drawing these layouts for people like me. Thank you for visually sharing your love of parks in this manner.

Also, this thread is no longer a rumor classification, I would guess?
 
Could someome point to an outlet reporting that they're building on top of an existing lift? I just want to be able to judge their credibility for myself is all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cdchen83
There seems to be some conflicting reports there TBH. I've seen some places say it's a new lift, and there's others saying the lift hill being taken out are to reuse it's footers.

I agree. My understanding is that the tigers lift is being completely removed and the new lift is taking the same path. And that makes perfect since to me with the animation shown. there wasn't a lot to go off of, but I feel pretty confident about certain sections of the layout i put on paper. Example:

rmcgwazi1 conf.png
 
Could someome point to an outlet reporting that they're building on top of an existing lift? I just want to be able to judge their credibility for myself is all.

I personally don't believe they are using the old lift structure. Just following the same path as the original lift.
 
Could someome point to an outlet reporting that they're building on top of an existing lift? I just want to be able to judge their credibility for myself is all.

Seems as though the 2 spots I saw that have taken down that reporting that one of the sides lift hill path would be used. So if they aren't really using much of the structure would this be considered a ground up RMC or a conversion? Or something new entirely?
 
Seems as though the 2 spots I saw that have taken down that reporting that one of the sides lift hill path would be used. So if they aren't really using much of the structure would this be considered a ground up RMC or a conversion? Or something new entirely?

Hybrid of a Hybrid. It's not a total reconstruction. It's half-reconstruction and half-ground up.

Hybrid-Hybrid, Double Hybrid, etc. However you wanna call it. Gwazi is going to be a unique project compared to previous RMCs.
 
I suspect this could be something we see more of going forward. The world is running out of huge wooden coasters but there are many, many smaller, mediocre ones. RMC could stand to gain a lot if they can show that they can make a world class coaster on a reasonable budget by adding onto layouts that were previously thought to be too small to be worth converting.
 
I suspect this could be something we see more of going forward. The world is running out of huge wooden coasters but there are many, many smaller, mediocre ones. RMC could stand to gain a lot if they can show that they can make something truely spectacular on a reasonable budget by reusing part of a smaller sized wooden coaster.

Either that or RMC is really going to have to step up ground up coasters. I think Gwazi is one of the few (that I know of) coasters that can be converted that have some unique elements to it that they could really get creative with if they chose to follow some of the footers.

Although, I won't lie: I can't hide my disappointment that RMC still hasn't done a non-mobius loop dueling/racing coaster, and this might have been one of their last chances to do so.
 
I didn't think there was enough good wood left on this thing honestly. I have a feeling they won't, but I really hope they go with a steel structure where they can. This really should be more like Kentucky Kingdom's project. If Larry thought that Williamsburg was too humid and troublesome for wood then I don't know what Tampa is thinking on this. It's probably a costs thing, but it will come back to bite them royally in a couple of years if they don't stay on top of it.
 
I didn't think there was enough good wood left on this thing honestly. I have a feeling they won't, but I really hope they go with a steel structure where they can. This really should be more like Kentucky Kingdom's project. If Larry thought that Williamsburg was too humid and troublesome for wood then I don't know what Tampa is thinking on this. It's probably a costs thing, but it will come back to bite them royally in a couple of years if they don't stay on top of it.
Some are suggesting that similar to Wildfire at Kolmården where in the announcement video the coaster originally had a traditional wooden lift hill which was later switched to a steel beam lift hill. I imagine the few seconds of this No Limits 2 video is simply a piece of concept solely showcasing the layout for the park that wasn't meant to be studied in depth. It's suggested by the land clearing taking place next to the ride that it will also use new structures and footers along with the pre-existing structure. I'm expecting this to be a hybrid mix of wooden structures and steel structures similar to Goliath at SFGAM.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad