Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Does anyone besides me think that Volcano's spot and Flight of Fear's spot could be used for a half indoor/outdoor thrill-ride experience? When considering the amount of space that would be open if FoF was removed; it's rather sizable. Not that I want to see that happen, but who's to say that Premier Rides or Zierer couldn't design a scary congo-style alien ride?

Just think of it; it still fits the theme. Avalanche was renamed to Reptilian. Why not incorporate the lizard alien theme for a scary indoor ride? The existing building for FOF could be expanded upon to create a much bigger event building, than BGW did for Verbolten. Ideally, I'd say that the indoor ride experience could share both plots of the land. In reality, the ride would feature two event buildings. The first one being closest to the Volcano's old station, with a bit of a a few outdoor obstacles. Then it would send riders over to an expanded event building where FOF currently is.

I know this isn't Cedar Fair's style; but if done right, it could be a success. When considering what KD already has; I'd say it's still unique in the ride department. We don't want to build something too similar to what other parks already have. In KD's case; I'd say that falls in the outdoor ride theme. Tumbili is a clone to the other versions that Six Flags has built at many of it's parks. Generally not KD's style; but when considering it's competition; nothing like that exist. So they were safe with that move? But what's next?

Reactions: Coasternerd
I highly doubt KD would remove FoF. If they did that after removing Volcano without any sort of publicly announced plans to replace them with something new and exciting people would revolt.

Obviously, they wouldn't want to remove it unless they were ready to develop the land. The only reason why I brought this idea up, is for the simple reason that BGW is adding another indoor ride. I'll give KD some points on being on the unique side for outdoor attractions. I can say, they can hold their own against BGW. But they don't want to fall too far behind. This is where Cedar Fair has to start thinking outside the box.

I can honestly say that BGW took a risk installing Verbolten, after their indoor ride experiment with Dark Kastle. Regional theme parks are generally more of an outdoor ride experience. The fact that Verbolten was a success proved that regional theme parks can have success with indoor ride attractions. KD has Flight of Fear, and I had it ranked high on my list, until I rode Verbolten. I had no idea what I was missing out on since I had gotten my car back in 2012.

With Premier Rides having great success in the dark coaster department; I'd say they could easily achieve a much greater milestone for the indoor/outdoor experience at regional theme parks. Verbolten cost 70 million USD. Part of that cost was the development of the proto-type because Zierer did not make anything like that, at the time. Premier Rides could easily create a similar experience. They also have used LSM technology for rides like Tempesto. Am I saying they should copy the vertical drop track idea? No. They could be just as creative, designing a new element to the reverse launch experience that their rides have. So how would a project like this play in KD's favor? Fans wouldn't feel like we're losing an attraction. If Premier Rides were contracted for the project, we would already know we are getting a much better indoor ride experience. It wouldn't feel like the loss of Volcano, because you know the same company is being called in to create a better product.

Thoughts?

Obviously, they wouldn't want to remove it unless they were ready to develop the land. The only reason why I brought this idea up, is for the simple reason that BGW is adding another indoor ride. I'll give KD some points on being on the unique side for outdoor attractions. I can say, they can hold their own against BGW. But they don't want to fall too far behind. This is where Cedar Fair has to start thinking outside the box.

I can honestly say that BGW took a risk installing Verbolten, after their indoor ride experiment with Dark Kastle. Regional theme parks are generally more of an outdoor ride experience. The fact that Verbolten was a success proved that regional theme parks can have success with indoor ride attractions. KD has Flight of Fear, and I had it ranked high on my list, until I rode Verbolten. I had no idea what I was missing out on since I had gotten my car back in 2012.

With Premier Rides having great success in the dark coaster department; I'd say they could easily achieve a much greater milestone for the indoor/outdoor experience at regional theme parks. Verbolten cost 70 million USD. Part of that cost was the development of the proto-type because Zierer did not make anything like that, at the time. Premier Rides could easily create a similar experience. They also have used LSM technology for rides like Tempesto. Am I saying they should copy the vertical drop track idea? No. They could be just as creative, designing a new element to the reverse launch experience that their rides have. So how would a project like this play in KD's favor? Fans wouldn't feel like we're losing an attraction. If Premier Rides were contracted for the project, we would already know we are getting a much better indoor ride experience. It wouldn't feel like the loss of Volcano, because you know the same company is being called in to create a better product.

Thoughts?
Flight of Fear just had some retracting work done a year ago I doubt they would have spent time on that if they were not planning on it being around for a while.

Reactions: panopticon31
Flight of Fear just had some retracting work done a year ago I doubt they would have spent time on that if they were not planning on it being around for a while.

When I mentioned this idea, I thought of it coming sometime down the road. They just got Tumbili, so I wouldn't expect them to do this right away. Anaconda would probably get the boot before a project this big is started. KD is special in this case study. They still have a lot of land to develop. The only reason I thought of the indoor idea is because they have more than enough space to do it properly. In my honest opinion, Twisted Timbers should have taken the spot of Grizzly. More elements could have been crafted from Grizzly's spot and we could have gotten more of a Mystic Timbers/Lightning Rod experience. Would it have been more money; yes. Would it have became a must do attraction; totally.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Does anyone besides me think that Volcano's spot and Flight of Fear's spot could be used for a half indoor/outdoor thrill-ride experience? When considering the amount of space that would be open if FoF was removed; it's rather sizable. Not that I want to see that happen, but who's to say that Premier Rides or Zierer couldn't design a scary congo-style alien ride?

Just think of it; it still fits the theme. Avalanche was renamed to Reptilian. Why not incorporate the lizard alien theme for a scary indoor ride? The existing building for FOF could be expanded upon to create a much bigger event building, than BGW did for Verbolten. Ideally, I'd say that the indoor ride experience could share both plots of the land. In reality, the ride would feature two event buildings. The first one being closest to the Volcano's old station, with a bit of a a few outdoor obstacles. Then it would send riders over to an expanded event building where FOF currently is.

I know this isn't Cedar Fair's style; but if done right, it could be a success. When considering what KD already has; I'd say it's still unique in the ride department. We don't want to build something too similar to what other parks already have. In KD's case; I'd say that falls in the outdoor ride theme. Tumbili is a clone to the other versions that Six Flags has built at many of it's parks. Generally not KD's style; but when considering it's competition; nothing like that exist. So they were safe with that move? But what's next?
I still think it makes far more sense to retheme FoF to Dr (name escapes me)'s lab.... KD has to be very careful with what replaces Volcano and if that replacement takes out another ride I don't think it's going to turn out well for the park. Remember that people are just now starting to forgive them for the loss of a ton of different attractions and I think removing anything else before Volcano gets replaced is going to rip off the bandage well before the wound is healed.

I can’t understand any reason FoF would be removed, outside of outright ride failure. It’s still arguably the best themed ride in the park and a very popular attraction. Updating the theming to Jungle X makes sense, but removing another ride that is pretty reliable would be really unusual.
I don't think I can say it's the best themed ride in the park after they removed the pre-show and Tumbili now exists but the ride still makes a ton of sense in the line up. Since KI has maintained the original theme quite well and KD has been gutted to some extent (though I do agree with you that prior to JungleX it was the best themed ride) I think it makes sense to modify the story of it.

What I'd like them to do is to speed up the ludicrously slow part in the middle. I'd like it more if it didn't slow to a crawl there. Joker's Jinx at SFA slows down some, but no where near as much.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: bill s
I could see them relocating trailblazer here or putting an axis coaster. Trailblazer would be cheaper and could be easily themed to the safari theme. But an axis coaster could be the original ride needed to really put the park back on the map for enthusiasts. A raptor would be great as a replacement for anaconda though as the track looks like one big snake… just a thought

Moving Goldstriker here would indeed be amazing, but moving a wooden coaster from one coast to the other seems like it would be pretty expensive to pull off? So I just hope it gets moved or sold to another park, wherever that might be.

I think Railblazer (or maybe Flight Deck?) would be easy to relocate and a good fit for KD's lineup. I'd love Goldstriker but honestly I don't see it happening given the difficulty and the fact that KD already has a pretty good woodie. I really hope they don't just demolish it. :(

Reactions: Crunchewy
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad