Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Thankfully im at media tomorrow so i think my ticket is free otherwise I deffiently woulda canceled my plans. Still blows..

Anyone in here at media tomorrow?
They apparently knew far enough in advance to create signs and post them at the entrance so don't look like it was a complete last minute situation.
 

Attachments

  • 20260918_164846.jpg
    20260918_164846.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 54
They apparently knew far enough in advance to create signs and post them at the entrance so don't look like it was a complete last minute situation.
Like, those signs can be printed in less than an hour. I wouldn't read too much into it.
 
Was already on the way there when they announced it would have seriously reconsider if I had know. Seem ridiculous to wait till two hours before parking opens to announce especially after pushing it the night before in post.
And they’ll cover it up on socials by spamming opening night posts.
 
Any first thoughts on the mazes, scare zones, and shows? Didn’t get to go tonight but maybe I can go sometime next week.
 
Any first thoughts on the mazes, scare zones, and shows? Didn’t get to go tonight but maybe I can go sometime next week.
I went. The opening show is exactly what it was back during the original Overlord period. Scare zone wise Masquerade didn't do much for me the actors were trying but the setup under the tower just doesn't give them much to work with hopefully they revisit moving them back into the vine tunnel in the future. Clever Brothers was basically the same as it's been fir years can we please be done with this one already. The Catacombs pretty much untouched from last year with the cast putting forth great effort during my walk through. Pumpkin Eaters mixed feelings on this one on onehand I think the new setup with it stretching out towards White Water opens it up and gives the actors more to work with on the other in realiy messes with the crowd flow and I can see it being and issue on busy nights. Site X had no life when I went through it and was a major let down but that was late in the night so hopefully it was just a bad walk through.

Maze wise I did three Trick or Treat which despite some nice lighting and atmospheric changes still just feels like a museum to me. Bayou this continues to my hey it's great but can we be done with already maze. Sorry nothing new to it and it felt lightly staffed during my walk through. Noticeable there also wasn't the smoke fog un there like I remember in years gine bye. Finally FEAR which basically was un changed from last year. I have heard there are Noticeable changes to Cornstalkers but I decided to wait till next week for that.

I also saw the new theater show which I enjoyed but my one little complaint is they use audience participation toward the end but try to rigg the participation so that the audience picks the scripted outcome and it was very blatantly done in the show I saw.
 
Despite Diablo not being ready, I had a great night at Haunt. Crowds were pretty light and most rides were a walk on, along with mazes. We did all the mazes except for FEAR, since it's our least favorite, and all the scare zones. Site-X is much better back in it's original spot. It's much bigger and the actors were much more interactive with guests. Blood On The Bayou, is still the best maze so far (I'll be back next week to see how Diablo compares to the rest). The new queue for GrimmWoods in the go-kart area should be much better this year with it's layout, especially on those busy Saturdays. You also exit through the same way as you would enter last year, right by Grizzly. Speaking of Grizzly, best night rides I've had in years. The back floodlights being off and the fog coming over from GrimmWoods made it extra special. I liked Catacombs much better this year without the rave. Sure it's cool to some but it took away from the scariness. Masquerade under the Eiffel Tower seemed like an odd choice, I'll see if it grows on my throughout the season. Cleaver Brothers, is getting old for me. I get that people are afraid of clowns and the circus theme fits CAG, but I feel like it could use a new theme. Scare actors were great tonight. Very energetic and all seemed to perform on top of their game.

Now for my only negative. I'm so over the new Six Flags's QR systems used for the mazes and Fast Lane. Every maze, there were groups of people having trouble trying to get their Haunted Passes to work. Whether it was trying to get them logged in, or for some people, the website closing out on them. Even the employees hate it. The attendants at Trick or Treat and CornStalkers expressed their frustrations with the systems themselves. It really makes me miss the wristbands.

Overall, it was a good opening night. I'll be back next Friday to check out Diablo and hope it will be worth the wait.
 
I also had a great haunt, didn't get around to doing all the houses. We just took our time and enjoyed our evening. We were surprised with the lack of crowds.

We had an issue with both our season fast pass and haunted pass saying we were not in the park and couldn't redeem them. We went to the guest services towards the right after the gate and had them help us. The QR codes for that too is already tiring after the first night.

The highlight was definitely Grizzly at night. I had some great interactions with the actors in the scarezones and houses. I am very excited to see what Diablo is like next week.
 
I also had a great haunt, didn't get around to doing all the houses. We just took our time and enjoyed our evening. We were surprised with the lack of crowds.

We had an issue with both our season fast pass and haunted pass saying we were not in the park and couldn't redeem them. We went to the guest services towards the right after the gate and had them help us. The QR codes for that too is already tiring after the first night.

The highlight was definitely Grizzly at night. I had some great interactions with the actors in the scarezones and houses. I am very excited to see what Diablo is like next week.
I'm still torn about getting an HAP. Sounds like an absolute nightmare to manage.
 
I'm still torn about getting an HAP. Sounds like an absolute nightmare to manage.
Wasn't bad except needing a phone (and glasses). Confusing parts are it just says "Number" for pass number logging in, and the houses selection requires scrolling down below the items for sale.

Appears FoF is running today.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CoasterBroCam
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad