Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I used the system at SCarowinds this weekend and never had a burn-off time with an express pass. We could easily move from one house to the next. If you’re asking about doing a house back to back then it might have a burn-off time, but I did not do houses back to back so I’m not sure! Hope that helps!
 
  • Like
Reactions: CoasterBroCam
I used the system at SCarowinds this weekend and never had a burn-off time with an express pass. We could easily move from one house to the next. If you’re asking about doing a house back to back then it might have a burn-off time, but I did not do houses back to back so I’m not sure! Hope that helps!
The website says "Valid for priority access to haunted mazes as often as every 15 minutes on the evening selected at purchase." Maybe it means you can't do the same house again until 15 minutes have passed, but I'm not sure. It'll probably be fine.
 
  • Like
Reactions: S23X
Question related to Express HAP: I know there's a 15 minute burn-off time for express access, but can you still use it for a house that's a walk-in using the it within the burn-off time?

What I'm trying to ask is the 15 minute time in-between only for express access? And can you still use it for normal, shorter lines?
No, you cannot use the same express HAP for the standby line after just using it for the express like. You cannot even get your QR code to scan in the standby line as they each use a different phone.
You can however immediately go to another maze immediately after scanning your current QR code.

The 15 minute cooldown is only enforced in the system if you wanna generate a new QR code for the same maze.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CoasterBroCam
can i use 1 ohone for 2 people? Like if my and my wife go we borh need a QR code. Can I link both passes and generate a code that way or does she need her phone logged in to
 
No, you cannot use the same express HAP for the standby line after just using it for the express like. You cannot even get your QR code to scan in the standby line as they each use a different phone.
You can however immediately go to another maze immediately after scanning your current QR code.

The 15 minute cooldown is only enforced in the system if you wanna generate a new QR code for the same maze.
Thanks! To be clear, I looked in the app and it looks like I only have 1 QR code that I can just use with any house I want. Do I still have to generate different QRs for express or is that just for the normal HAP?
 
Thanks! To be clear, I looked in the app and it looks like I only have 1 QR code that I can just use with any house I want. Do I still have to generate different QRs for express or is that just for the normal HAP?
After you get one QR code scanned at the house, it’ll go away on your account in the portal. You’ll then need to select another maze to get a new QR code to use for that one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Great Adventurer
I never played the Diablo games. But I am a huge Friday the 13th fan. I was a little bummed that Kings Dominion wasn't getting the Jason house but after doing that and doing Diablo, I am so glad we got the latter. Don't get me wrong, Jason Blood Reign was awesome but after doing Diablo twice so far, I can now say it's probably my favorite maze the park has done. I never jump but even in my second walk through they got me a couple of times.

Park is also pretty dead right now. Less people than last Friday, probably because of the VA State Fair down the street.
 
I never played the Diablo games. But I am a huge Friday the 13th fan. I was a little bummed that Kings Dominion wasn't getting the Jason house but after doing that and doing Diablo, I am so glad we got the latter. Don't get me wrong, Jason Blood Reign was awesome but after doing Diablo twice so far, I can now say it's probably my favorite maze the park has done. I never jump but even in my second walk through they got me a couple of times.

Park is also pretty dead right now. Less people than last Friday, probably because of the VA State Fair down the street.
Hell last saturday was dead. Walk ons all night
 
In hearing Taylor swift play in the games area between candy apple and jungle X. 👎🏽. It’s not the summer KD, let’s adjust the playlist

Haunt snd the sound track doesn't switch over till 7

I never played the Diablo games. But I am a huge Friday the 13th fan. I was a little bummed that Kings Dominion wasn't getting the Jason house but after doing that and doing Diablo, I am so glad we got the latter. Don't get me wrong, Jason Blood Reign was awesome but after doing Diablo twice so far, I can now say it's probably my favorite maze the park has done. I never jump but even in my second walk through they got me a couple of times.

Park is also pretty dead right now. Less people than last Friday, probably because of the VA State Fair down the street.

Traffic was also horrible tonight injudt about every direction around the park. So it might get busier later.
 
Blood is still blood. I’ll give the actors good credit for effort, but we need an overhaul.

One thing I’ll say is the clowns in Cleaver Bros. always put forth great effort. Iirc someone in here pointed out some new props. I think they should just continue to update and refine it. It works well imo and always seems to get scares. Cleaver and Pumpkin are the most successful zones.
 
Last edited:
Alright maze rank time:
CornStalkers was closed due to the rain (I mean fair)
1. Diablo-Set pieces were impressive. Maybe even incredible. I did not like how abrasively loud it was though. I’m fine with loud mazes, but I could genuinely feel my chest vibrating in some parts. (Not in a good way)
2.. F E A R-Sleeper Hit. Did this completely alone on my 2nd run (literally no one in the house) and got a little too freaked out in the identical mannequin room so accidentally made an actor break character lol
3. Bayou-This and ToT are in the same boat for me. They were decently scary but nothing amazing. The scare actor following me down the exit path was funny though.
4. Truck or Treat-Scary but nothing amazing
5. Grimmwoods-Jumped once, not scary at all
 
  • Like
Reactions: SWStevo
Diablo is an impressive set piece, but the scare actor interaction is lacking.

FEAR works when well staffed, but it wasn't yesterday. Same with Grimmwoods being understaffed.

The other three mazes were good and staffed appropriately, but those mazes haven't changed much in years.

Scare zones were hit or miss, with Jungle X being a big downgrade.
 
Just left Halloween Haunt. I had a good time. Adding my Haunt pass was actually pretty easy. I'm glad I have free haunts with my SF pass. I would absolutely not pay for Halloween Haunt based on my experience today.

Diablo is the real standout of the event. The sets and animatronics are all very impressive. I'm not 100% keen on the canned scares but the regular scares were really good. I ended up doing two runs through and it was much better on the first one.

The other mazes were give and take. The actors were performing well.

Cornstalkers was better than last year, but that's not saying much.

Fear was ok. The mirror room had me lost. I do feel the blackout room should be changed out for something else. It feels like dead space. There weren't too many actors in here unfortunately.

Grimm started out really strong. The wolves were really aggressive. The ending sucked ass though.

I had a completely solo run through Trick or Treat. Actors were good but the maze is starting to get old.

Skipped Blood on the Bayou due to time.

Scare zones were solid. Pumpkin Eater had some good actors and Site X was entertaining. I didn't spend much time in CarnEvil. I figured it's the same scare zone it's always been.

The event does feel like its stagnating. Not a fan of that. I don't think the park should charge money for mazes that used to be free. Give us more new content to justify the upcharge.

There's a strong lack of fog in both VA parks this year. Has fog juice gotten expensive like gas has?

Actors were the same as usual. Some of them were aggressive but some were just standing around.

Many of the mazes feel a bit on the shorter side. Doing almost solo runs through both Trick and Fear, I feel they should have one or two more.rooms. I know Blood is a little on the shorter side.

Overall first impressions, it's the same event as usual. Diablo is incredible, but everything else needs to be changed out. KD is perfectly capable of pulling off amazing concepts. They need to take advantage of that. Because of that, I can't really justify putting Haunt above HOS. Both events have their issues but I'd say both are on equal footing with each other.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad