Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I'd point out that they are also shuttering gift shops, including the Emporium, at the official park closing time, rather than staying open to catch the stragglers. If they are willing to forgo merchandise sales, they must believe they need as much time as possible to clean and reset. Regardless, unless someone has actual insight into their operational requirements and planning, I don't see how we can judge.

RESERVE YOUR BUSCH GARDENS WILLIAMSBURG SPECIAL EVENT DAY
Welcome to the Busch Gardens reservation system. To help ensure a safe and fun experience at the park, all guests are required to make a reservation prior to visiting. Guests with existing tickets, Memberships, Annual Passes or Fun Cards must make a reservation using this system in advance in order to manage park capacity and maintain physical distancing so you can enjoy your day. We have reserved daily capacity for our valued Members, Annual Pass Holders and Fun Card Holders.

Note: You do not need to use this system if you already purchased a date-specific Special Event Ticket.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg Taste of BG

ALL RESERVATIONS

RESERVE NOW

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Halloween Harvest

THURS, FRI & SUN RESERVATIONS PLUS Columbus Day (Monday)
RESERVE NOW

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Halloween Harvest

SATURDAY ONLY RESERVATIONS

RESERVE NOW

Reactions: Zachary
This may be a silly question but how do they clear the park of guests to ensure people leave?

Security teams start at the back of the park and follow each path towards the front, checking all rides, shops, restaurants and bathrooms. If they find anyone, they follow their group as they make their way up towards the front.

Reactions: Merboy and Zachary
But think about this, you buy a ticket and go on friday and go to the first slot you get 4 full hours because they allowed 2 hours between sessions. Then you go again on saturday to one of the first 2 slots but you only get 3 1/2 hours because they close the lines early for the next event because they didnt allow enough time between events. Does that seem right, is it the guests fault that they tried squeezing the slots closer together? Do the slots you get the less time cost less?

@WDWRLD All of the slots are four hours, the rides may close early, but the park is open for four hours no matter which slot you choose. I personally have not experienced any of the rides closing early, and @Applesauce brought up some good points as to why they should close early at times, as in today’s world it is best to err on the side of safety. The sessions all cost the same because they give guests the same experience time wise, there is no guarantee that a ride will be operating or will be open for the full four hours. Everyone is paying the same price for the same experince. I’ve been fortunate enough to visit the park several times over the past couple of months, and have managed to snag rides on Verbolten, Invadr, Griffon, and Alpengiest several minutes after park close. I’ve even gone during the afternoon session and managed to ride Griffon, after 4pm which is past the four hour window. Yes, not every visit is going to be the same and yes, the rides may close early, but it’s in the interest of safety.

I like how now everyone uses the word "safety" and expects everyone just to go "oh ok". How is going from being closed 2 hours to get all the guests out and suposedly clean the park to only 1 hour "safer"?

cant believe they opened up reservations that much earlier than advertised. Luckily i got mine for Halloween night which shows as unavailable for members now
They didn't I checked around 1020 and it was still closed 11 was the time they had said it would open so they could not have been that far ahead.

Yeah, it’s a super good sign. Not surprising given the popularity of Howl-O-Scream, but super good news anyway.

Given the demand, the park should probably consider adding some Wednesdays assuming the Thursdays fill.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad