Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
The problem with removing Circo is I don't think the park could handle replacing 3 houses. And at this point I don't think they could go below having 6 houses. The loss of Vault and most likely Lumberhack is going to hurt enough as it is.

They could prolly get away with 5. But it's definitely going to be a major hit with people coming and going "but they used to have 6 houses" or "KD has 6 houses"

So unfortunately I think Circo has one year left in it unless it becomes too damaged to walk through like Fear Fair.

Sep 7, 2018
So... a couple questions.

I think I remember @Zachary saying BGW is no longer working with Oak Island on HOS. Does this mean HOS is being handled completely by BG or have they hired a new company.

Also, on a somewhat related note, if Scott Gasparich was working for Oak Island, I wonder if he worked on anything for HOS 17-19, or however long he was there? Nothing really seemed to have his flare and I don't even know what his level of involvement would be if so. More just curious than anything.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
I think I remember @Zachary saying BGW is no longer working with Oak Island on HOS. Does this mean HOS is being handled completely by BG or have they hired a new company.

It's my current understanding that HOS 2019 was being handled largely in-house and that the same will be true for CMT.

Also, on a somewhat related note, if Scott Gasparich was working for Oak Island, I wonder if he worked on anything for HOS 17-19, or however long he was there? Nothing really seemed to have his flare and I don't even know what his level of involvement would be if so. More just curious than anything.

I haven't heard any specific talk of Scott being particularly hands-on with anything BGW since he joined Oak Island. Frankly, it's probably a bit below his pay grade in his new position. Here's his profile on Oak Island's website:

Scott Gasparich
VP OF CREATIVE & STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT

Scott leads our teams with a passion for the entertainment industry and a drive for creative brand development. Scott brings over 20 years of production and theme park expertise to our Creative and Sales Team. He has held a variety of executive positions in the theme park and entertainment industries before joining Oak Island. Scott has led the development of many nationally recognized, award winning shows and consumer events- and is widely regarded as a chief pioneer in the experiential entertainment industry. He brings a wealth of passion for creativity and accomplishment of business objectives to Oak Island’s client projects and brand endeavors.

Anyway, I hope Oak Island and its team see success elsewhere, but HOS 2019 felt better without them in my opinion. Hopefully the in-house BGW team will continue to grow and mature back towards where it was pre-Scott.

May 27, 2011
Circo is behind Roman Rapids, yea.
I was taking to a highland stables employee about the new stables and the Pantheon area. She said there are ideas of expanding the stables in the Circo land and using the central land inside Pantheon for a sheep area. She said the sheep would care about rollercoaster noise. ?

Reactions: Nicole

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Circo is behind Roman Rapids, yea.
I was taking to a highland stables employee about the new stables and the Pantheon area. She said there are ideas of expanding the stables in the Circo land and using the central land inside Pantheon for a sheep area. She said the sheep would care about rollercoaster noise. ?
They use to routinely graze the sheep under Bolt final turn so that seems like a possibility

Reactions: Nicole and wombat96

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
I don't think we need V3 of Vault though. :/ I'd rather something completely new. Vault was supposed to be a one year house. And despite the fact that over all it was the best performing house from the times I went through (Except the very last one.) I think it's time for something with an actual story line to follow rather than room to room.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad