Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I'd like to suggest a rule banning copying-and-pasting full articles from another site, even with due credit or a link. I think it is ethically shady—appropriating another creator's content, and potentially robbing them of ad revenue generated by visits to their site. It also may be considered plagiarism. Instead, I think members should quote no more than a line or two from any source, and link the rest.

(For what it's worth, I'm guilty of doing this a lot in the past.)

Reactions: lightninlady
Very, very nitpick thing that irritates me.

I believe how webpages are loaded, it loads in a weird order. There is the feature that when you open a thread, it opens you where new messages are, that way you don't have to scroll through the others. This functionality works well.

However when there is media above (pictures, anything like that) I believe what happens is the first process is for the page to load "where you left off", but then this doesn't refresh for when media loads after this. Meaning it puts me where I left off for a second, but when all the pictures above load in I get forced up a few posts to compensate for the posts shifting down to accommodate the space for the media.

I think something as simple as having the "where you left off" feature refresh after media loading starts or simply moving it in order of operations could fix it. Again, very nitpick.

I posted here because I don't see it as a bug so much as that's just how it works, but if you guys disagree go ahead and move it.

Ever since we've switched from MyBB to XenForo, there has been various images in posts that have appeared broken. Like this one:

What it should look like:

Broken images in older threads not only look bad, but they make it almost impossible to follow a discussion from the very beginning. This is bad when referencing a discussion, when new members want to know what is going on, and when people on the wider web are looking for information.

The image in question was an attachment from another post that was directly embedded in another. When we switched, the image in question was no longer available at the previous url. This is fixable, but due to the different ways that MyBB and XenForo generate image links, there isn't any sort of automatic solution to this problem. Therefore, I'm going to need everyone's help. I'm willing to go through and manually fix these posts but I need you, our members, to let me know when you come across them.

Links to post can be found under the share icon on each post, like so:

Feel free to reply to this post with a link to the post in question, or with a Private Message. I appreciate any, and all help that can be provided. If you come across any other issues, don't be afraid to report it either.

Okay, let it be said that I do not care to make any more work for our lovely admins. However, a member of the community has messaged me requesting that I make the admins create a holiday skin for the site.

To which I reply: I can't make the admins do anything, And this probably doesn't merit an advisory panel discussion... So let it be known that at least one community member would like a holiday skin.

Reactions: lightninlady
It would be neat to have some some form of a holiday overlay to the site. BGEscape had snow falling down on the site during Christmas, a beautiful mid 2000's touch at the time.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad