Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
The splashdown is being filled.

Attachments

• A4C46F8F-58AE-41E0-B681-093FB73CAD21.jpeg
    A4C46F8F-58AE-41E0-B681-093FB73CAD21.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 67
  • E0756B83-B228-457F-A176-C47AB986D337.jpeg
    E0756B83-B228-457F-A176-C47AB986D337.jpeg
    8.9 MB · Views: 65
  • 08ADD14F-0FB7-4FBB-BD28-C0E6BE638AF3.jpeg
    08ADD14F-0FB7-4FBB-BD28-C0E6BE638AF3.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 59
  • 9BB200A3-9251-4955-9E91-2F0BAC5BC90B.jpeg
    9BB200A3-9251-4955-9E91-2F0BAC5BC90B.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 59
  • 62F1DA6E-A10C-4E98-80C7-268ABADEC3C7.jpeg
    62F1DA6E-A10C-4E98-80C7-268ABADEC3C7.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 67
I was in Tweedside and I saw a couple of Pompeii boats back behind Pompeii from the station so they’re at least prepping to get the ride open.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
I was in Tweedside and I saw a couple of Pompeii boats back behind Pompeii from the station so they’re at least prepping to get the ride open.
To my knowledge, that's where they usually store them when not operating. They will get put on the ride and stay on until the ride is shut down for the season. If one had a major problem, they will pull it off, otherwise they are all on all the time

Looks like employee training. I'd expect this to open within the next few weeks. They usually have 4 days of training before opening, though that may have changed now that they are on a year round schedule.

Looks like employee training. I'd expect this to open within the next few weeks. They usually have 4 days of training before opening, though that may have changed now that they are on a year round schedule.

Rumor has it that it's opening today.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

I keep hearing on Facebook groups and other threads here from recent visits that all of the effects inside the Pompeii show building are off. Does anyone know more info? Is this another SEAS budget saving move to save money on their Virginia Natural Gas bill?

I keep hearing on Facebook groups and other threads here from recent visits that all of the effects inside the Pompeii show building are off. Does anyone know more info? Is this another SEAS budget saving move to save money on their Virginia Natural Gas bill?
It's been a few weeks, but last time I rode the ceiling backdraft effects were off. There may have been others, but that was the big one I noticed since it normally generates a lot of heat in the show building.

I tried to upload an MP3 of this to here last summer but it wouldn’t work. Basically I had found a secret soundtrack emanating from the splash pool walkway.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Wow! Cool find. Does this music play anywhere else? I swear I’ve never heard it before; it’s different from both the area’s atmospheric music and the on-ride music.

I rode it last weekend. We went through and everything was off. The ride closed right after our boat went through, so I assumed we were a one-off, and they closed it to fix the effects? I guess not though

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad