Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Yep, I believe 2019 is correct. No clue where they're from.

bwick29

You had me at "meat tornado".
Mar 29, 2018
So YOU’RE that guy.
No. I don't believe I've ever used one of the cannons in the years I've been visiting.....

But I want to. Even more now that we talk about it. 🤣

Something, something, water ride get wet, something or other.

Also, on a more serious note, if there ever was a threat of removal I'd want to get my use in as much as possible before I never could again. Same as with nearly all other attractions/food/etc.

Reactions: Travis...

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Love how it is inside now! Made the ride feel sorta new again in that you can’t really see anything fall until it happens. Makes it more of a surprise. Also seems that all fire effects are working, as well as the fog and final door.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Something, something, water ride get wet, something or other.

As has been noted numerous times, before, Pompeii does not tend to get riders that wet without the cannons. People should have the option of deciding among the water attractions based on how likely they are to get soaked. I, for example, don't want to walk around the park wet, so Pompeii used to be a nice option with a pleasant spray of water. Now, I can't ride it.

Jun 6, 2013
I rode last Wednesday, no cannons were used and everyone in the three middle rows was soaked. Shirts totally wet. Every boat was full and they all made giant waves.

Nibbins

Resident Rat - They/Them
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
I can confirm that Pompeii seems to be running a lot wetter than I remember.

I was sitting in the front row on Friday and as the boat dropped of the lift into the water a huge wave swapped into the boat as the boat was nosediving into the water.

On the drop there also is a significant amount of water that hits the riders. I was riding both back and front row and got hit at both places.

It's not as wet as Roman Rapids would get you, but it is at a point where the cannons won't make that much of a difference anymore.

Reactions: tursiops

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I have ridden a few times this year alway in the middle and have not noticed any extra water spray. The ride has been running more packed then normal so maybe the extra weight is creating a slightly bigger splash then what some have grown use to over the last few years

Ice

↑%
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Baltimore, MD
I have thought it was well known that the level of wet you achieve on the ride is so unpredictable and out of your control, even without the cannons, that getting on with the assumption that you will escape relatively dry is dangerous. The cannons may increase the odds of one getting wet, but all things considered, it was always unpredictable. If you are that worried about it, just wear a poncho.

Mwe BGW

Silver Donor
Jul 22, 2018
Some guy held his hand out in the water that splashes on the side of the boat after the drop, then he hit his hand on the concrete walls at the end of the basin.

• Wow
Reactions: Nibbins
Jun 6, 2013
When I was there last week they were running 3 boats, 2 of which made huge splashes that soaked everyone on the boat and along the side. The third boat made consistently smaller waves. This was independent from the number of people on the boat. It was definitely consistent for all 3 boats.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad