Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So YOU’RE that guy.
No. I don't believe I've ever used one of the cannons in the years I've been visiting.....

But I want to. Even more now that we talk about it. 🤣

Something, something, water ride get wet, something or other.

Also, on a more serious note, if there ever was a threat of removal I'd want to get my use in as much as possible before I never could again. Same as with nearly all other attractions/food/etc.

Reactions: Le Moose
Love how it is inside now! Made the ride feel sorta new again in that you can’t really see anything fall until it happens. Makes it more of a surprise. Also seems that all fire effects are working, as well as the fog and final door.

Something, something, water ride get wet, something or other.

As has been noted numerous times, before, Pompeii does not tend to get riders that wet without the cannons. People should have the option of deciding among the water attractions based on how likely they are to get soaked. I, for example, don't want to walk around the park wet, so Pompeii used to be a nice option with a pleasant spray of water. Now, I can't ride it.

I rode last Wednesday, no cannons were used and everyone in the three middle rows was soaked. Shirts totally wet. Every boat was full and they all made giant waves.

I can confirm that Pompeii seems to be running a lot wetter than I remember.

I was sitting in the front row on Friday and as the boat dropped of the lift into the water a huge wave swapped into the boat as the boat was nosediving into the water.

On the drop there also is a significant amount of water that hits the riders. I was riding both back and front row and got hit at both places.

It's not as wet as Roman Rapids would get you, but it is at a point where the cannons won't make that much of a difference anymore.

Reactions: tursiops
I have ridden a few times this year alway in the middle and have not noticed any extra water spray. The ride has been running more packed then normal so maybe the extra weight is creating a slightly bigger splash then what some have grown use to over the last few years

I have thought it was well known that the level of wet you achieve on the ride is so unpredictable and out of your control, even without the cannons, that getting on with the assumption that you will escape relatively dry is dangerous. The cannons may increase the odds of one getting wet, but all things considered, it was always unpredictable. If you are that worried about it, just wear a poncho.

Some guy held his hand out in the water that splashes on the side of the boat after the drop, then he hit his hand on the concrete walls at the end of the basin.

• Wow
Reactions: Nibbins
When I was there last week they were running 3 boats, 2 of which made huge splashes that soaked everyone on the boat and along the side. The third boat made consistently smaller waves. This was independent from the number of people on the boat. It was definitely consistent for all 3 boats.

It looks like they fixed the light in the room with the falling statue.
The mist in the room before the drop was working as well.

There are several spots in the building where the paint is coming off the walls though, leaving fairly large white spots.

Saw this posted on FB and thought you guys might enjoy.

"Someone, somewhere, could have warned me about "Escape from Pompeii ". I had no idea what I signed up for.
😳
😱
☠
I thought it was just a boat ride."

same guy in comments part in response to being asked if it was the drop that was the issue.

"
No. I had no clue I was going to be inside of an inferno. If that was the case I never would have rode it.
"It was utter complete terror I experienced. I wasn't positive it was all part of the ride until it was over. Not knowing I'm thinking malfunction.
I screamed like I was going to die.
😰
☠
😬
"

"When it started I actually yelled out, "Hey everybody this statute is on fire". We gonna get off of here. I was dead serious."

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad