Attraction El Toro

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
If parks really want to stop loose articles from being a problem, free lockers are the only way. You will always have the cheap-o person that doesn't want to spend $5, $1, or ever $0.25 on a locker and will attempt to bring loose articles on a ride.

Either free lockers or free phanny packs are the answer.

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Shane said:
If parks really want to stop loose articles from being a problem, free lockers are the only way. You will always have the cheap-o person that doesn't want to spend $5, $1, or ever $0.25 on a locker and will attempt to bring loose articles on a ride.

Either free lockers or free phanny packs are the answer.
While I am all for the free locker idea I would also point to my trips to both KD and Six Flags America which have free holding spaces and both of which still have loose article issues as evidence that there will still be problems. Actually the thing that I see that makes the biggest difference has been Busch Gardens policy of allowing go pros and ither approved securely mounted cameras. Face it in this day and age everyone wants video and photos of everything and thinks they should be entitled to it. That is just how the selfy generation is.

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
The problem with the bins at some Cedar Fair and Six Flags parks is that they are not secure and noone is going to leave their $500+ cellphone in an unsecured bin or cubby in the station. Hence free, secure lockers.

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
Richmond
But they are ok with whipping it out on a high thrill ride only to lose it? The only thing that will ever keep this from happening again, would be to NOT allow stupid people on rides. Good luck with that one amusement industry.

Nov 30, 2015
Saluda, Virginia
Its a slippery slope either way you look at the situation and if your park management you'd just have to pick the option that will piss off the least amount of people, in order to avoid all the Bullshit from the ignorant people.

Apr 22, 2019
Pulling this thread back from the dead. I'm going to SFGAdv for the first time next Thursday. What's the smoothest row to sit in on El Toro? I only ask because I'll have one of my kids and two of his friends, and I don't want to take them on it and randomly get the bumpiest seat. I want them to like it and want to ride it again! I don'd mind wooden coaster bumpiness (love it in fact), but they are less forgiving.

Mar 16, 2016
My last experience (3 years ago), it all came down to how full the train was and the temperature that day.

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Southern Va
If I were to recommend a row for the best possible experience, I'd tell you to sit in row 17 (Car 6/Row 2). You wouldn't be sitting on a wheel seat and would still be getting insane drag over the airtime hills.

Reactions: halfabee
Feb 8, 2019
El Toro uses 3-row car like the old school PTC trains. Use the PTC rule-of-thumb and sit in the second row of any car and you'll be golden. It's not really a rough ride anyways.

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
Pulling this thread back from the dead. I'm going to SFGAdv for the first time next Thursday. What's the smoothest row to sit in on El Toro? I only ask because I'll have one of my kids and two of his friends, and I don't want to take them on it and randomly get the bumpiest seat. I want them to like it and want to ride it again! I don'd mind wooden coaster bumpiness (love it in fact), but they are less forgiving.
Just get in the last row and enjoy it for what it is.

Apr 22, 2019
Ok, thanks. I'm surprised it uses PTC-like trains. I'll make sure at least 2 of them get in a middle seat. I'll happily take the back row, though!

Apr 22, 2019
El Toro lived up to the hype! It was amazing. Almost no wait at 11 AM yesterday. Unfortunately the 2 friends of my son that went with us were not a fan (they both don't like wooden coasters, and they thought they were going to hit their head on all those head choppers and they didn't like that. Haha), and my son didn't want to make them wait for us, so I only got to ride it once. That made me sad. But that one ride was pretty fantastic. Hopefully going to go again before the year is out, this time taking my nephew who I know is going to be more willing to ride it 2 or 3 times in the morning (later in the day the line was quite long).

Login or Register to Hide This Ad