Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
If parks really want to stop loose articles from being a problem, free lockers are the only way. You will always have the cheap-o person that doesn't want to spend $5, $1, or ever $0.25 on a locker and will attempt to bring loose articles on a ride.

Either free lockers or free phanny packs are the answer.

Shane said:
If parks really want to stop loose articles from being a problem, free lockers are the only way. You will always have the cheap-o person that doesn't want to spend $5, $1, or ever $0.25 on a locker and will attempt to bring loose articles on a ride.

Either free lockers or free phanny packs are the answer.
While I am all for the free locker idea I would also point to my trips to both KD and Six Flags America which have free holding spaces and both of which still have loose article issues as evidence that there will still be problems. Actually the thing that I see that makes the biggest difference has been Busch Gardens policy of allowing go pros and ither approved securely mounted cameras. Face it in this day and age everyone wants video and photos of everything and thinks they should be entitled to it. That is just how the selfy generation is.

The problem with the bins at some Cedar Fair and Six Flags parks is that they are not secure and noone is going to leave their $500+ cellphone in an unsecured bin or cubby in the station. Hence free, secure lockers.

But they are ok with whipping it out on a high thrill ride only to lose it? The only thing that will ever keep this from happening again, would be to NOT allow stupid people on rides. Good luck with that one amusement industry.

Its a slippery slope either way you look at the situation and if your park management you'd just have to pick the option that will piss off the least amount of people, in order to avoid all the Bullshit from the ignorant people.

Pulling this thread back from the dead. I'm going to SFGAdv for the first time next Thursday. What's the smoothest row to sit in on El Toro? I only ask because I'll have one of my kids and two of his friends, and I don't want to take them on it and randomly get the bumpiest seat. I want them to like it and want to ride it again! I don'd mind wooden coaster bumpiness (love it in fact), but they are less forgiving.

My last experience (3 years ago), it all came down to how full the train was and the temperature that day.

El Toro uses 3-row car like the old school PTC trains. Use the PTC rule-of-thumb and sit in the second row of any car and you'll be golden. It's not really a rough ride anyways.

Reactions: halfabee
Pulling this thread back from the dead. I'm going to SFGAdv for the first time next Thursday. What's the smoothest row to sit in on El Toro? I only ask because I'll have one of my kids and two of his friends, and I don't want to take them on it and randomly get the bumpiest seat. I want them to like it and want to ride it again! I don'd mind wooden coaster bumpiness (love it in fact), but they are less forgiving.
Just get in the last row and enjoy it for what it is.

Ok, thanks. I'm surprised it uses PTC-like trains. I'll make sure at least 2 of them get in a middle seat. I'll happily take the back row, though!

El Toro lived up to the hype! It was amazing. Almost no wait at 11 AM yesterday. Unfortunately the 2 friends of my son that went with us were not a fan (they both don't like wooden coasters, and they thought they were going to hit their head on all those head choppers and they didn't like that. Haha), and my son didn't want to make them wait for us, so I only got to ride it once. That made me sad. But that one ride was pretty fantastic. Hopefully going to go again before the year is out, this time taking my nephew who I know is going to be more willing to ride it 2 or 3 times in the morning (later in the day the line was quite long).

Was there yesterday for their last bonus day. Man was it a great day to be at the park. Beautiful weather and very light crowd. I rode El Toro 11 times, 3 times in the dark. They were running two trains in the morning, though went down to one later in the day. Such a great ride. My only complaint is they always make the restraint really tight on me and take a few tries to do it (yes, I need to lose weight). Sitting in the station is a tad uncomfortable, but once the ride starts I don't notice, and with how aggressive the ride is I can appreciate the need for it. I don't really like to compare them, but the hills on El Toro are more aggressive and have longer sustained negative g's then Twisted Timbers (plus lots of positive g's at the bottom of the hills), yet I find it infinitely more re-ridable.

^^-- Toro's airtime pushes you gently in the restraint, and then pulls really hard. TT throws you into the restraints, esp. in the front and later in the ride when the hills are so short. I305's drop pulls harder than Ride of Steel in the back, but both let off right when Toro is pulling hardest. Fury 325 is pure float all the way down, and then smacks you down in the seat quite hard. No lack of different profiles to be found...

Toro's restraints are perhaps the most restrictive ever due to the sensor positions. It feels like it's under my ribcage. I think you could be a very trim, slightly bigboned adult and still find it uncomfortable. Many walks of shame. Yes it needs to be secure but I need every millimeter it will give me, and could use 2 more. 5 with a coat.

You went the right day. I've done the Sunday 4 years in a row now and this was by far the most crowded, with one train ops on Toro to rub it in.

I think everyone has dramatically different experiences. El Toro punched me in the stomach and bruised my thighs. The only coaster I've ever ridden that was more painful was Mantis. TT is gentle on me, by comparison.

^^--- I've had some of my most painful rides ever, it IS the most restrictive and the only coasters worse relate to auto-tightening. I listen to them calling car numbers and stop breathing.

Reactions: AlpenChariot
Yeah, it's weird how different the experience can be. I find it a bit uncomfortable when just sitting in the station, but on ride it's not uncomfortable at all. Meanwhile Twisted Timbers, after 2 or 3 rides I can't ride it again because my thighs are hurting a lot and if i ride again I just fight the restraints and it's not really any fun. However, when sitting in the station? Not uncomfortable at all.

Operations on El Toro are worse, I think, though. Not really operations, but the fact that there's always at least one row they have to go back to and make tighter (and it's mine. Haha). They were running two trains in the morning/early afternoon. At some point they took the second train off.

I met a bunch of nice people that day. At night, one group of 3, when I had switched rows to stay on, but in the 5th car, one of them ran up to me and asked if I wanted to move to the next to last row since they were only using one seat in it. I happily accepted.

Last edited:
Reactions: halfabee
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad