Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

ujczgKQ.jpg

Dominator is testing! EDIT: For some reason the park deleted this post then reposted it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Rode Dominator for the first time In almost 7 years today. Wow that was much shakier than I remembered. It was a blast for sure but I just rode Great White Wednesday and that was smooth as glass in comparison and a bit older. Still a very fun ride though the long line plus the shakiness makes it a lot more likely for me to skip on some visits.

Reactions: Nicole
Probably has a lot to do with it being relocated - B&Ms tend to be fairly smooth for a long time, but for some reason if you move them they get a bit rattly/bumpy.

I'm guessing that's something to do with the terrain usually being different which makes the original support structure design not as solid in the non-original location(s).

Last edited:
The most notable thing I remember about Dominator is the shimmy right before it enters the loop. It's notable enough that you can see the rows in front of you do it if you're riding in the back row. Beyond that it was never really *bad* from my experience but I also haven't been on it since 2018.

The most notable thing I remember about Dominator is the shimmy right before it enters the loop. It's notable enough that you can see the rows in front of you do it if you're riding in the back row. Beyond that it was never really *bad* from my experience but I also haven't been on it since 2018.

I find it kinda meh - not a bad ride but nothing special to me. Wish it had something like the clamshell lap bars vs. the OTSRs...

ive always enjoyed dominator. its intense, i dont feel the roughness of it whatsoever, and its just generally fun to me.

Reactions: bill s
I've been in the park quite a few times over the last few years and have watched Dominator be evac'd..... Wonder why it seems to be such a commonplace.
I mean, stuff like that happens far more often than you'd think. Depending on the age of the ride, shutdowns that require a ride evac happen 5-10 times a season. The most I ever saw as a ride op at BGW was 23 the year Flume got a new control system. Any time the pumps shut off, evac required. One time was even with my family on board.

Reactions: Coasternerd
I mean, stuff like that happens far more often than you'd think. Depending on the age of the ride, shutdowns that require a ride evac happen 5-10 times a season. The most I ever saw as a ride op at BGW was 23 the year Flume got a new control system. Any time the pumps shut off, evac required. One time was even with my family on board.
Yea, I get that.... but in 2019 I saw it happen on Dominator just about everytime I was in the park -- about 6 times through the year I'd guess. Maybe I just happened to be there at the exact right times but that seems to be quite the coincidence.

Sometimes evac's are not always mechanical/ electrical related, but guest related. Most of the time it is guest related is is due to an operator accidently letting someone too short on the ride.
Never heard of that happening. Only guest related evacs ive heard of are when someone enters a restricted area and the ops have to e-stop it. Even then, if security can get the tresspasser out and maintenance can get the ride restarted pretty quickly (within 10 min), sometimes the ride can be restarted with guests onboard. Not saying it isn't possible, but how would you know someone is too short when the train is leaving/already left the station, especially when they already made it past an entrance, grouper, and platform team members? Usually, platform would catch them once they noticed they weren't sitting in the seat right, or they took off shoes that were really tall.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad