Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Here you go. And that was the other wolves…not the ones at the entrance

Post in thread 'Curse of DarKastle'
https://parkfans.net/threads/curse-of-darkastle.1066/post-162265
It’s been a long time, but I still haven’t gotten over DarKastle’s departure, and I don’t think I ever will. Universal and Disney’s dark rides may be fancier, but this one will always be the best to me. Nothing can top hearing Ludwig‘s corny lines. Seeing how Busch got rid of the wolves is, for a lack of better words, really, really sad. Is there a logical explanation for why they got rid of them? Since they haven’t put a new ride in, I don’t see why they couldn’t have at least kept the castle looking interesting and themed, instead of abandoned.

I used to be able to recite every line from memory... now I just have a few lines stored in the remnants of the DarKastle memory palace. I'm pretty sure I still have most of the Big Daddy Falls queue line spiel down.

It’s been a long time, but I still haven’t gotten over DarKastle’s departure, and I don’t think I ever will. Universal and Disney’s dark rides may be fancier, but this one will always be the best to me. Nothing can top hearing Ludwig‘s corny lines. Seeing how Busch got rid of the wolves is, for a lack of better words, really, really sad. Is there a logical explanation for why they got rid of them? Since they haven’t put a new ride in, I don’t see why they couldn’t have at least kept the castle looking interesting and themed, instead of abandoned.
Probably got rid of the wolves to soften up the aesthetic for the Christmas walkthrough.

DarKastle sign is up for auction from July 25th to August 1st. I’ve got a $1,000 limit but I'm sure somebody will bet over me lol

Yeah, the Curse of DarKastle sign is gonna go to the moon. It is gorgeous, iconic, and actually a manageable size and weight to move and display (unlike coaster cars). There will be tremendous demand for it I'm pretty sure. I'd be shocked if it doesn't hit at least a $3,000.

BBW's car past 6 grand today so 3 grand might be low for the sign. I really hope with the 50th right around the corner someone is thinking about keeping some of this stuff to display around the park and not clearing it all out.

Reactions: Le Moose
BBW's car past 6 grand today so 3 grand might be low for the sign. I really hope with the 50th right around the corner someone is thinking about keeping some of this stuff to display around the park and not clearing it all out.
On one hand, I agree—I wish that the park saw the value of nostalgia and saw fit to preserve their history in hopes of capitalizing on that nostalgia in the future.

On the other hand though, unfortunately, given the way the park has treated this stuff over the years, it's clear that they don't see that potential value. At the end of the day, I'd much rather that the park sell everything off to collectors than let it all rot away outside in the boneyard (BGW's modus operandi for many years now).

On one hand, I agree—I wish that the park saw the value of nostalgia and saw fit to preserve their history in hopes of capitalizing on that nostalgia in the future.

On the other hand though, unfortunately, given the way the park has treated this stuff over the years, it's clear that they don't see that potential value. At the end of the day, I'd much rather that the park sell everything off to collectors than let it all rot away outside in the boneyard (BGW's modus operandi for many years now).
I definitely agree with that attitude in general it's just my hope that with the 50th only a couple of years away that someone is already thinking about that.

Reactions: Mwe BGW and Zachary
It is cool IMO. It's just under-utilized. There are plenty of options.

Maybe a few other pieces have to fall into place first, before the park can make real use of its potential as an attraction.

Reactions: ludmarco
Out of curiosity, does anyone here know the height of the DarKastle main theming tower? Just from looking at it, it looks to be about 60-70 feet but I'd like to see if anyone has the plans for this building

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad