Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Heres another question....how will the park handle the photos at park entry attached to your pass? They will need to invest an a alternate system of finger scans or something.

People are still pretty recognizable behind a mask. It seems like a nonissue to me—and definitely not an issue worthy of complex policy changes.

Worst case you are asked to step up, scan the pass yourself, the ticket person is holding an iPad 6 feet away and asks you to quickly lower the mask to confirm ID.

I'm actually more concerned at the gate about the bottle neck that physical distancing will require only half the lines get used, that might mean ropes to separate the lines going back, and how long that would need to be in the morning and the slowdown it would create. They might need so set up an extra gate by Castle O'Sullivan and put up a 'backdoor' gate by FoF. Might need to do something similar for exiting.

Reactions: jeffh and Zachary
The other day I was out there on the frontlines protecting this country doing my civil duties, also known as instacarting. I was in Fresh Market and overheard a track that used to play in what once was Banbury Cross that I vividly remembered from my childhood and not gonna lie it really made me bummed knowing that it’s going to be a really long time before the park reaches anything close to “normal” again. I really hope that Virginia gets a grasp on controlling the virus with state mandated requirements as this park means so much for so many people on the peninsula as well as throughout the whole state. People complain a lot on this site about the smallest little details and I absolutely love doing that as it shows just how deep the love is for this place. There’s a lot of darkness in the world right now, but the light at the end of the tunnel in my eyes is when there’s a vaccine and we can finally experince those -2g’s cresting Pantheon’s top hat and take in the sunset against the James River. It’s gonna be a long trip before we get there, but we will get by.

Why are we only recommending? I don’t get people’s opposition to mask requirements. Yeah, it’ll suck. Too bad. It keeps people safe.

If we expect the cast members to suffer in masks all day to help keep us safe, we sure as hell better be doing the same to help keep them safe too.

Just like on airplanes and starting next week in Costco stores, masks should be mandatory for EVERYONE.

It’s harder to mandate with guests but I wouldn’t be opposed to it being required for the time being. The only worry is them flying off of rides possibly and how they’d have to come off for people to eat. But maybe they could come up with something sensible.

Just please do wear a mask in the park.

As for the 6 feet apart thing it’s actually not accurate. It’s just there to try and preserve some space, but in actuality the projectile distance of droplets is actually much further than 6 feet and they can potentially stay in the air for half an hour. That’s why people say to wear masks, and it could lead to them being mandatory for guests.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
As for the 6 feet apart thing it’s actually not accurate. It’s just there to try and preserve some space, but in actuality the projectile distance of droplets is actually much further than 6 feet and they can potentially stay in the air for half an hour. That’s why people say to wear masks, and it could lead to them being mandatory for guests.
This is accurate that coughs and sneezes can go something like 20+ ft. The 6 feet separation helps people control their cough/sneeze (in their elbow, on the ground, in a handkerchief, etc,) without getting it on someone else. Where 6 ft can’t be maintained, then masks should be mandated.

If that means everywhere (or near everywhere) in the park, then they should be mandated. My gut is that social distancing can be maintained on the paths if attendance is capped making masks necessary for rides, queues, and indoor spaces.

I don't believe the answer is going to be as simple as can or can't social distancing be maintained. There's the extra levels of can it be enforced, what areas can't it be enforced, how do you ensure people are following.

Spots I'm curious on are things like restrooms (lots of businesses have closed theirs), if they open areas like San Marco's with reduced tables or just trust people to sit apart, how merchandise or food that's indoors is handled. I know I keep coming back to this but there's quite a lot more to consider than we've ever brought up in here.

I don't believe the answer is going to be as simple as can or can't social distancing be maintained. There's the extra levels of can it be enforced, what areas can't it be enforced, how do you ensure people are following.

Spots I'm curious on are things like restrooms (lots of businesses have closed theirs), if they open areas like San Marco's with reduced tables or just trust people to sit apart, how merchandise or food that's indoors is handled. I know I keep coming back to this but there's quite a lot more to consider than we've ever brought up in here.

Well there's plenty of landscape for #1; but if #2 calls, I don't think they'd appreciate it if we dug holes in their land.

There are a lot of reasons I believe most shows are going to be cut entirely for a while.
  1. Shows require a ton of prep time to get up and running. Even if work started today on casting and whatnot, there would be a fair bit of lead time before a show could actually play for guests.
  2. Shows are expensive. There were already very legitimate questions as per the value proposition of large entertainment products at BGW. Now, post-covid, the price tag has grown substantially for show operations (policing social distancing in seating, extensive sanitation between shows, etc.) while the potential guest experience impacts of said shows has been greatly reduced (far fewer guests can experience each show meaning that the park's dollars-spent-on-shows-per-guest-satisfied ratio is massively out of whack).
  3. Social distancing for casts both on-stage and off-stage seems nearly impossible. Can you imagine Celtic Fyre where all of the cast has to remain 6 feet apart? Yeah, me neither. Plus, even if we theorize that the show could be restructured to facilitate that, that restructuring process costs money too.
  4. It has been theorized that families and older audiences may be more deinsitivised to visit parks when they reopen than typically-thrill-seeking young adults. If this comes to pass, the target audience for theme park shows (typically skewing towards family groups and older guests) will be a far less valuable market to attempt to capitalize on.
A little dash of hope I want to throw in here at the end: Small-scale Ent products like Bel Concertino sidestep many of these issues. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bel Concertino 2020 happen and, honestly, I can envision a similar small-scale production in Das Festhaus too.

What is everyones thoughts on shows returning when BGW reopens? Social distancing in indoor venues?
Are any of the singers,dancers,musicians still around? Most must have had to get other jobs and may not be able to return for maybe only half a season at most. I am hopeful!!!!

Are any of the singers,dancers,musicians still around? Most must have had to get other jobs and may not be able to return for maybe only half a season at most. I am hopeful!!!!
I been reliable told that alm performers were sent home. I have even been told that the Pet show has packed up and left. So I am going to go with not very likely.

So on a FB group someone is claiming that they received a passholder email from the park saying that they are not reopening till Hallowscream. I didn't get one and have not seen any reference to one with that info anywhere has anyone else seen this?

Reactions: DJTLG
So on a FB group someone is claiming that they received a passholder email from the park saying that they are not reopening till Hallowscream. I didn't get one and have not seen any reference to one with that info anywhere has anyone else seen this?
I have not gotten anything

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad