Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
My issue with that is they aren't just openly linking to it in the announcement. The tweet doesn't say that it's opening with new precautions. The tweet just says "we're opening".

Sure they are taking precautions but in these times, its best to just put it out there and not rely on websites and the like to get your information out there. Just say it. I don't get why that's been treated as a bad thing for quite a while now.

FWIW here's what their website says is going on:
To help maintain your health and the health and safety of our team members is our first priority. We are taking precautions to keep everyone safe, including, but not limited to:
• We are completing temperature checks for all team members prior to the start of their shift.
• Team members will be working in Clean Teams to strictly focus on enhanced sanitation, wiping down all railing, surfaces and high-touch areas regularly.
• All Food & Beverage and cash-handling team members will be required to wear face masks and gloves.
• Enhanced social distancing measures throughout the parks including outdoor seating reconfigured to a minimum of 6 feet apart and attraction queue lines will be 9 feet apart from each other.
• Hand sanitizers are located within eyesight throughout the parks, reminding guests to wash their hands.
• All condiments, sides and single-use utensils are available upon request.

We’re all in this together, so please do your part to maintain a safe, clean and fun environment for all to enjoy:
• Maintain a safe physical distance with anyone not in your group. You’ll see signs and reminders in the park asking you to maintain a minimum of 6 feet of social distancing.
• Be sure to wash your hands after bathroom use and use the sanitizer stations located throughout the park.
• If you see anything that needs to be cleaned or sanitized, you can ask any of our Clean Team members (wearing our Golden Rule t-shirts) for help.
• While not required, wearing a face mask is recommended. We encourage you to bring your own masks as an added precaution.
• Keep yourself and others safe, if you have symptoms, or not feeling well, please go home. We would rather have you return when you can have fun with your family and friends.

Really feels like the bare minimum.

The difference is places like Universal are advertising and marketing the safety of their parks. They are actively making the attempt to make people feel like they are clean and safe places. Outside of a link to their page, they actively market iconography and signage that is placed in the park and put emphasis on being clean and hygienic.

Whereas, with Fun Spot, they completely cover up everything. They make it more difficult to find the information pertaining to their health standards. They do not make any mention of cleanliness or health in any of their marketed materials.They are more focused on getting you to think about and concern yourself with the fun rather than with it being safe or healthy.

They have different marketing strategies, and personally I feel being more open and transparent like Universal will avoid problems later on down the road. There is an expectation set by the park that when you arrive you must adhere to certain health standards. In the case with Fun Spot, guests might not feel that expectation and therefore will revert back to their unhealthy habits or might not feel as inclined to follow the safety standards required.

Reactions: Zachary and warfelg
SMH So they learned their advertising/marketing from SeaWorld. Bottom line is they are taking the required precautions as mandated by the state. And, in my career of advertising, a website is advertising.

In my career of advertising, to be fair, a website functions to hold product/service info, perform e-commerce, and/or is the product (gaming among other things) being sold.

It in itself is not advertising and usually requires a wide array of advertising/marketing just like any brick and mortar entity would for similar purposes.

The main differences are that digital ads can be built to work much more effectively with a website (or mobile app for that matter) than a traditional touchpoint such as phone number or address - or even email - and that there's a much more sophisticated set of traffic/behavior/aquisition measurement tools that can be used.

Bringing that home with this:

My issue with that is they aren't just openly linking to it in the announcement. The tweet doesn't say that it's opening with new precautions. The tweet just says "we're opening".

Sure they are taking precautions but in these times, its best to just put it out there and not rely on websites and the like to get your information out there. Just say it. I don't get why that's been treated as a bad thing for quite a while now.

Part of the ability to use social media as an effective marketing platform is to generate buzz and drive traffic.

That the park chose to not repeat what others have done with their safety measures post-quarantine allows them to spend more space on their actual message, however bland it kind of is.

My guess is that by just promoting the park is reopening, it's a beacon of light to folks that would want to go - many interested in going will at the very least search for more details about the park (SEO efforts as part of the overall strategy ensure that the info is coming from their site and not someone else's), and good chance a decent amount will check out their COVID-19 response posts if they're interested/concerned.

So with that long book over, TLDR the park is doing what they think will work, the marketplace will show if that winds up being the right call.

I would add to @VonDerrick ’s post that because of social media not everyone goes to websites anymore to read up. So putting you are open without adding a “and here’s how we are keeping you safe” feels very questionable in these times.

sorry @Jonesta6 you posted while I was typing, and I get wanting to get that message left but with 240 characters they had the space to add what I wrote above. Or quote their own tweet or create a thread. FB, Insta, Snap is even easier to add the link due to less character restrictions.

Reactions: VonDerrick
I would add to @VonDerrick ’s post that because of social media not everyone goes to websites anymore to read up. So putting you are open without adding a “and here’s how we are keeping you safe” feels very questionable in these times.

sorry @Jonesta6 you posted while I was typing, and I get wanting to get that message left but with 240 characters they had the space to add what I wrote above. Or quote their own tweet or create a thread. FB, Insta, Snap is even easier to add the link due to less character restrictions.

I wasn't trying to make an argument for or against what they did, but more trying to provide a better understanding of why they went down the path they did.

I hadn't even considered Carowind's gimmick means they have to abide by two states' reopening strategies. I'm sure this is frustrating to balance.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad