Really feels like the bare minimum.To help maintain your health and the health and safety of our team members is our first priority. We are taking precautions to keep everyone safe, including, but not limited to:
• We are completing temperature checks for all team members prior to the start of their shift.
• Team members will be working in Clean Teams to strictly focus on enhanced sanitation, wiping down all railing, surfaces and high-touch areas regularly.
• All Food & Beverage and cash-handling team members will be required to wear face masks and gloves.
• Enhanced social distancing measures throughout the parks including outdoor seating reconfigured to a minimum of 6 feet apart and attraction queue lines will be 9 feet apart from each other.
• Hand sanitizers are located within eyesight throughout the parks, reminding guests to wash their hands.
• All condiments, sides and single-use utensils are available upon request.
We’re all in this together, so please do your part to maintain a safe, clean and fun environment for all to enjoy:
• Maintain a safe physical distance with anyone not in your group. You’ll see signs and reminders in the park asking you to maintain a minimum of 6 feet of social distancing.
• Be sure to wash your hands after bathroom use and use the sanitizer stations located throughout the park.
• If you see anything that needs to be cleaned or sanitized, you can ask any of our Clean Team members (wearing our Golden Rule t-shirts) for help.
• While not required, wearing a face mask is recommended. We encourage you to bring your own masks as an added precaution.
• Keep yourself and others safe, if you have symptoms, or not feeling well, please go home. We would rather have you return when you can have fun with your family and friends.
In my career of advertising, to be fair, a website functions to hold product/service info, perform e-commerce, and/or is the product (gaming among other things) being sold.SMH So they learned their advertising/marketing from SeaWorld. Bottom line is they are taking the required precautions as mandated by the state. And, in my career of advertising, a website is advertising.
Part of the ability to use social media as an effective marketing platform is to generate buzz and drive traffic.My issue with that is they aren't just openly linking to it in the announcement. The tweet doesn't say that it's opening with new precautions. The tweet just says "we're opening".
Sure they are taking precautions but in these times, its best to just put it out there and not rely on websites and the like to get your information out there. Just say it. I don't get why that's been treated as a bad thing for quite a while now.
I wasn't trying to make an argument for or against what they did, but more trying to provide a better understanding of why they went down the path they did.I would add to @VonDerrick ’s post that because of social media not everyone goes to websites anymore to read up. So putting you are open without adding a “and here’s how we are keeping you safe” feels very questionable in these times.
sorry @Jonesta6 you posted while I was typing, and I get wanting to get that message left but with 240 characters they had the space to add what I wrote above. Or quote their own tweet or create a thread. FB, Insta, Snap is even easier to add the link due to less character restrictions.