Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Stranger things have happened, but there's no way for anything to be definitive until we start seeing plans and permits - even then it's but until construction ends can we really be sure.

Anyways, this is the concepts thread, things don't have to be 'realistic' to our understanding and expectations of how a park operates to be considered a good idea.

To the hyper, I'm curious if your thought, @warfelg, was for it to be an RMC ground-up creation, a pre-fab Intamin a la El Toro, GG, or GCI?

I think also the Vekoma flyer would be amazing, but only if there's some interactivity with terrain and theming (tunnels, new rock work or some other structures, etc). Of course, same could be said if they were to put a Maverick clone in that spot.

I really don't know if they can hold onto Africa anymore, I think a Speedway Alley section would make a little more sense - 2 automotive themed rides already, 1 toboggan ride that could be tied loosely to racing, and of course an alien encounter...

@Jonesta6 I was thinking more Intamin prefab for the concept.

@DECoasteyGuy they won’t do B&M with Apollo and Candy so close. Mack maybe. Hyper wooden would be extremely unique and would really be different from anything else. We know CF is willing to push boundaries. And if you do Hyper after Giga you got to push boundaries. And for that I knock out Mack too because it would just feel like a bigger Dominator.

Are Intamin prefabs still in production? I was under the impression that the company doesn't make these models anymore.

You may be right, but then again it's nice to think about. From watching ElToroRyan videos it seems they are incredibly expensive and have some manufacturing kinks to work out.

@DECoasteyGuy they won’t do B&M with Apollo and Candy so close. Mack maybe. Hyper wooden would be extremely unique and would really be different from anything else. We know CF is willing to push boundaries. And if you do Hyper after Giga you got to push boundaries. And for that I knock out Mack too because it would just feel like a bigger Dominator.
In what way does dominator resemble a Mack hyper? Look at Dominator and compare it to a POV of DC Rivals or another Mack hyper. They have virtually nothing in common

Reactions: Intimidator325
@DECoasteyGuy When you look at the cross section of rides that have really helped out parks lately its more about doing something different from what exists. Comparing it to Dominator I got DC Rivals mixed up Flash. While the addition of a Mack hyper like DC Rivals would be nice, is it necessarily that different?

To me the reason for going that different with it is to really be different and easily be really marketable. Like I stated in my post on it, because of the existence of I-305, going to a hyper is going to be very difficult because of the jump that they made. Any hyper built at KD would need to be incredibly special to be a draw. While I would like to see a Mack Hyper within reach of us in central VA, I don't think it's that special that KD can really see something come out of it.

An Intamin prefab would be a fantastic addition, but yeah, everything I've read is that there will never be another one. But one can dream. El Toro is fantastic. How about a Gravity Group wooden coaster? I'd love that. Doesn't even need to be huge, though of course that'd be nice. But I can't see KD being up to maintaining a large GG coaster. Something smaller would be doable and also a great addition to the park. And I vote for a new Vekoma Flyer to take Volcano's spot. That'd be amazing.

Reactions: Dombot
How about a Raptor track with a custom built layout for the small ride, but still like the idea of a hyper woody.

A custom Raptor is at SFGAdv, but I guess that's pretty far from KD. Personally I think one RMC is enough. They don't need an i-box and a Raptor. I've never ridden a Raptor, but I assume it has a similar feel. Then again you should never ASSUME.

Reactions: warfelg
A customized airtime machine? Especially one with theoretically more accommodating restraints? Yes please!

How about a Raptor track with a custom built layout for the small ride, but still like the idea of a hyper woody.
A raptor would be smart if they invest a lot in theming - say some hills and mountains - rather than spending a lot on say a pricier B&M.

I think they should take a chance and get the first Axis. Now that would be cool. Of course they'd probably never even consider doing that.

Maybe not, but that'd be awesome - think of all the near-miss moments from every angle this thing could do. If they got it I'd be curious if they'd opt for a launch or traditional lift.

I don’t think an axis would appeal too much to the masses. It has the look of a ride that spins you around a lot, so that’s going to be off-putting to a lot of guests. That’s not a big deal on a smaller flat ride, but not what a mainstream park wants in an expensive coaster.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Nicole
I wonder if they'd be able to cut a deal for having a prototype this lowering the initial expense to be more in line with a tried and true product, as well as opt for a relatively small installation if then the park would go for it.

World's first always helps for marketing, and may help bring repeat visits assuming riders realize that although there's rotation it doesn't translate to the same forces as a spinning carnival ride.

I'd think you wouldn't need a huge layout or a particularly tall or steep first hill (though they may look cool), but with the right scenery such as buildings or rockwork or trees you'd get a lot of thrilling near-miss elements that'd be close to impossible on a lot of other rides (track appears to smash you sideways through a wall, only for forces exerted to spin you out of the way at the last second kind of thing).

I wonder if they'd be able to cut a deal for having a prototype this lowering the initial expense to be more in line with a tried and true product, as well as opt for a relatively small installation if then the park would go for it.

World's first always helps for marketing, and may help bring repeat visits assuming riders realize that although there's rotation it doesn't translate to the same forces as a spinning carnival ride.

I'd think you wouldn't need a huge layout or a particularly tall or steep first hill (though they may look cool), but with the right scenery such as buildings or rockwork or trees you'd get a lot of thrilling near-miss elements that'd be close to impossible on a lot of other rides (track appears to smash you sideways through a wall, only for forces exerted to spin you out of the way at the last second kind of thing).
This would probably be more in line with a spinning wild mouse ride or 4d coaster, which is fine for that category of ride, but not a showcase ride to replace Volcano.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad