Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
It gives guests a shortcut around substantial merch- and food-oriented frontage. Not great for the park/vendors in that regard. And putting some critical mass of new commerce along the new path might simply dilute guest spend over a larger number of stalls.

But I still want it.

Reactions: tursiops and Nicole
Honestly I wish they had done the original plan which was for it to connect to Italy by way of the path in between Marco Polo and Da Vinci's Cradle

Honestly I wish they had done the original plan which was for it to connect to Italy by way of the path in between Marco Polo and Da Vinci's Cradle
So... maybe I missed it, but why didn't they do that?

Gotta cross a service road or backstage lot either way. And there would be no train track issues there. Was it the greater likelihood of vehicles turning into/out of the back lot of Marco Polo that made it undesirable? Simple proximity to employee areas? The perceived need to draw people deeper into dead-end Festa and tie in with a restaurant redo at La Cucina? Something else?

A San Marco coaster seems to make a lot of sense.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
Crusader Kings is still rattling through my mind. I get that New France (Quebec) has been at BGW since the beginning, but...Canada is not in Europe. Why not retheme it around InvadR? Ideally Norway while Frozen is still hot, but if they must keep a second French area, then Normandy would make perfect sense and make InvadR historically accurate, along with giving BGW a medieval area lost when Hastings was rethemed to Ireland.

Interestingly, this is another discussion that has percolated around the Forum for years. In fact, there is a concepts thread from years ago:

It has also been discussed off and on in the New France thread:

If Alpengeist becomes too rough and the park figures a new ride would have a better ROI than a Hulk style retrack (I have a bad feeling Alpie will reach this state by 2030), maybe a suspended would be a good replacement. When Verbolten replaced the Wolf, it inherited the cars from Le Mans which was replaced by Griffon. Alpie's replacement would then inherit the swinging from the Wolf. None of this barely-swinging mess like the current generation Vekoma SFC, I want full swinging like the trains Vekoma made for Vampire at Chessington World of Adventures. Comparing Vampire to Dragonflier, Arrow suspended track looks so dinky compared to Vekoma SFC track, no wonder the Wolf tore itself apart.

It'd easily be the world's tallest suspended coaster. a selling point. But the layout would be rather tricky, Alpie has a long linear return with the zero-G roll. I guess a wave turn is the only thing to do?

Who am I kidding, they'll probably go with a flying coaster, because that's more marketable, especially if Batwing and Nighthawk also bite the dust. VA's first flying coaster and drawing MD and NC because they lose their flying coasters. Assuming we keep the same height and have a layout similar to before, it'll beat Tatsu and be the world's tallest flying coaster.

Note, I am not calling for Alpie's demise, I'd be very happy with a Hulk style retrack. With the rough spots smoothed out and assuming we fly through the MCBR, Alpie would beat Afterburn as my top invert. Alternatively, 2022 will be Alpie's 25th, and fixing up the cobra roll and the MCBR turn alone would go a long way.

Last edited:
I really think a “mask police” concept would be beneficial. Mask ambassadors? Or just roll with me here…. Roaming mask police hoardes

this seems like a perfect reason to bring back wendigo woods but instead of trying to contain the wendigo...they are trying to contain the coronavirus (insert law and order DUN DUN here)

Fr though I'm actually surprised Busch hasn't done this yet. It's such a famous German folktale/poem and would be PERFECT for a maze in Oktoberfest. Look it up if you've never heard of it.

Reactions: The Quist
Fr though I'm actually surprised Busch hasn't done this yet. It's such a famous German folktale/poem and would be PERFECT for a maze in Oktoberfest. Look it up if you've never heard of it.
Winterfest at KD has Belsnickles. They sneak up on you and pinch you with clothespins. ?

Resurrecting this thread because I sorta mentioned the idea in the RR thread but figured it was worth going here:

Gut everything from La Cocina to RR, then rebuild on the site as a full-service indoor/outdoor restaurant plus beer/wine/cider garden.

Thinking that the actual restaurant building would be further back on that plot of land, maybe keep part of RR's reservoir to reuse as a pond, and the focal points would be the beer garden/outside seating area where the coasters and, possibly the animals at the nearby stables are in full view.

While there is some indoor seating planned, including a bar and maybe even a small bar games room (pool, darts, foosball - that sort of thing), the outdoor space would be planned for year-round operations including fire pits and Adirondack chairs with heaters for truly outdoor seating and some covered seating that they can attach semi-permanent walls to alongside of built-in heating elements.

Obviously full-service may be difficult with current staffing issues, but I think plausible assuming the park can figure it out.

Reactions: Alf33
So, we saw this at BGT today. I think BGW should post something similar, perhaps annotating elevation changes. There are a lot of people who use the park to get their steps already, and it seems like really useful information.

View attachment 25562
Looks like they'd only do it if they got a local health care group to sponsor it.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad