Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Sep 24, 2018
Looking at new hamlets from a culinary perspective: New Spain (Mexico) would be the best option for food offerings but no one ever wants to hear my ideas because I'm always fucking right. Finland has boring/terrible food - not even worth discussing. Greece, on the other hand, is a delicious place to visit if you're born with a stomach.

Also don't touch New France. It's perfect as is, you plebs.
Greece, Spain, or Mexico would all be worthy IMO
Yes, please. We already have Canada so why but Mexico? This sounds amazing.

I do have to say that Greece would also be a great choice. Greek food is amazing

Reactions: UncleDuncan

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Greece in Festa field, including a seaside-town setting on the Rhine hillside that now showcases Pantheon's big drop, captured my imagination for a while.

Lots of trees lost to accomplish that, though.

I've always imagined that Festa itself could be rethemed to Greece relatively easily. The front half could be themed to a Greek marketplace, allowing a lot of the tent structures and carnival rides to stay, and towards the back by Roman Rapids (or hopefully a replacement ride), it would be more Greek ruins themed. Apollo's Chariot and Pantheon could even keep their names.

Sep 24, 2020
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
I've always imagined that Festa itself could be rethemed to Greece relatively easily. The front half could be themed to a Greek marketplace, allowing a lot of the tent structures and carnival rides to stay, and towards the back by Roman Rapids (or hopefully a replacement ride), it would be more Greek ruins themed. Apollo's Chariot and Pantheon could even keep their names.
I guess technically Pantheon would become Parthenon? But it might cost too much to change the copyright just for two letters. But I‘ve always wanted a Greece expansion. The food is a good enough reason for me. I’m thinking of spanakopita and pita bread...
Would we add an area for shows, though? What kind of shows? Grecian olympics?

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
I guess technically Pantheon would become Parthenon? But it might cost too much to change the copyright just for two letters. But I‘ve always wanted a Greece expansion. The food is a good enough reason for me. I’m thinking of spanakopita and pita bread...
Would we add an area for shows, though? What kind of shows? Grecian olympics?

According to Wikipedia, "pantheon" refers to Greek gods too, at least when you're using the word to describe a collection of gods and not the temple in Rome (it's unclear which definition the ride's name actually refers to).

nick

Why are you booing me? I’m right.
May 6, 2020
From my quick search, the Pantheon was a temple to “all the gods” in Rome.

Reactions: ludmarco
May 27, 2011
I think they missed an opportunity to continue the architecture of Festa Italia and build the Pantheon and Rome around and in the coaster- to have the gods flying around their temple.

But I know- money.

Attachments

• 5F5462D7-8881-48A9-AC76-AA99ACB82A34.jpeg
    5F5462D7-8881-48A9-AC76-AA99ACB82A34.jpeg
    677.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: ludmarco

SLC Headache

The Spirit of the Forest is a raging Karen
Aug 9, 2017
Quimera is getting new life at Indiana Beach. Hopefully the former Glissade isn't being scrapped. I'd love for BGW to buy it and run it in Festhaus Park while we wait for Drachen Spire...

wombat96

avid coaster enjoyer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
Quimera is getting new life at Indiana Beach. Hopefully the former Glissade isn't being scrapped. I'd love for BGW to buy it and run it in Festhaus Park while we wait for Drachen Spire...
That's a brilliant idea. Set up the ride on a temporary concrete pad somewhere in FHP away from Project 2022, maybe bring in a few vintage flats to scatter throughout the park-like the spider or trabant, and have a marketing campaign leading up to the 50th Anniversary in 2025 centered around The Old Country theme. People are hungry for that Old Country nostalgia as seen in 2015, and some small cheaper additions to help support Drachen Spire could be a very cheap way to continue to push the new coaster and still provide something "new."

Wings

in The Vault
Sep 28, 2009
New York
I think they missed an opportunity to continue the architecture of Festa Italia and build the Pantheon and Rome around and in the coaster- to have the gods flying around their temple.

But I know- money.

They should've done this. The one-sided access to Pantheon sucks. Access on both sides and a couple more buildings would make the park feel bigger.

Attachments

• ItalyExpansion.png
    ItalyExpansion.png
    920 KB · Views: 5

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I'm guessing even if expense wasn't an issue nor jumping through the permitting hoops if any apply they still wouldn't do it unless they can figure out a way to obscure the backstage areas and allow for easy traffic flow down the service roads for both pedestrians, work vehicles, and emergency services.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad