Login or Register to Hide This Ad
May 23, 2015
What in-ride theming elements would you like to see added to Pantheon? E.g. something in each section corresponding to that specific God, a mini Mount Olympus, etc.

Reactions: AlpenChariot

Coasternerd

What’s better than one coaster? 2 coasters!
Dec 7, 2021
What in-ride theming elements would you like to see added to Pantheon? E.g. something in each section corresponding to that specific God, a mini Mount Olympus, etc.
I’d love to see something in the infield like that mini mount olympus. I’d also love to see them hire KCL for a lighting package fairly similar to now, but in the style of Hangtime. Could be incorporated into fireworks shows. Also would love to have a tunnel somewhere, maybe under the drop. They already got a headchopper there, just make rock work go around that and create a rock tunnel that also plays like a thunder sound effect with lightning light effects for zeus.

Reactions: CoasterTalkBob
Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
I’d love to see something in the infield like that mini mount olympus. I’d also love to see them hire KCL for a lighting package fairly similar to now, but in the style of Hangtime. Could be incorporated into fireworks shows. Also would love to have a tunnel somewhere, maybe under the drop. They already got a headchopper there, just make rock work go around that and create a rock tunnel that also plays like a thunder sound effect with lightning light effects for zeus.
You had me at KCL

Reactions: Coasternerd
May 23, 2015
Expanding on this:

Neptune you could do a rock wall with a realistic-looking thing of Scylla lunging at you, could maybe add Charybis too but it's a field of grass so not sure how they would do a whirlpool there. Would love a kraken thing but I don't think krakens were from Greek mythology.

Pluto could be two more separate rock tunnels with the underworld or something projected onto their walls.

Not sure what you would do for Mercury or Minerva apart from maybe like harp music playing from hidden speakers or something.

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
Bro the water jets on Pompeii are so annoying, you get the perfect amount of water from the splash down and then some 1st grader comes up and blasts you in the eye. Maybe it would work better on Pantheon, like if it was more of a strong mist then a solid jet, but idk
Yeah my statement was pure parody.

But absolutely something that BGW would do

May 23, 2015
Turn the water effects off on the Rapids for an hour each day during Food and Wine and market it as like "take a relaxing late afternoon boat ride through the canals of Rome". Leave the water jets on though. I wanna see some lady in a sundress and a full face of makeup take a direct shot. This may or may not be inspired by events that I've personally witnessed.

May 23, 2015
Also this is completely off topic but I don't know where else to ask this-anybody have any idea as to what time periods any of the hamlets are set in? Like I know some of them are pretty set in stone-

-Festa is themed to a fair celebrating the return of Marco Polo
-San Marco is based on the Italian Renaessance
-Aquitaine is based on Belle Epoque France(late 1800s-early 1900s)
-I'm assuming Killarney is based on somewhat recent times considering all of the buildings are crumbling ruins.
-New France is literally French Colonial Canada

I have absolutely no clue about the others. England could be anytime, Scotland if I had to guess(which I'm going to because I'm like that) I would say early-mid 20th century based solely off of the base camp in the line for Loch Ness. Rhinefeld I would say the late 1800s if it weren't for the runaway-ski-lift roller coaster, Oktoberfest same if it weren't for the 1950s sports-car roller coaster.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Also this is completely off topic but I don't know where else to ask this-anybody have any idea as to what time periods any of the hamlets are set in? Like I know some of them are pretty set in stone-

-I'm assuming Killarney is based on somewhat recent times considering all of the buildings are crumbling ruins.

I have absolutely no clue about the others. England could be anytime, Scotland if I had to guess(which I'm going to because I'm like that) I would say early-mid 20th century based solely off of the base camp in the line for Loch Ness. Rhinefeld I would say the late 1800s if it weren't for the runaway-ski-lift roller coaster, Oktoberfest same if it weren't for the 1950s sports-car roller coaster.

This is something I've been having a lot of discussions about with people lately. It's probably best to address each question independently in each hamlet's thread for community discussion purposes. It's also something I think may be interesting to write about on BGWFans too at some point. Don't know if there's any interest in that or not though.

May 23, 2015
This is something I've been having a lot of discussions about with people lately. It's probably best to address each question independently in each hamlet's thread for community discussion purposes. It's also something I think may be interesting to write about on BGWFans too at some point. Don't know if there's any interest in that or not though.
Appreciate the input. As much as I say that I would be interested I'm also on what I consider to be my pre-BG frenzy because I really don't go on this site at all unless I have a trip planned in the near future. On the other hand, I do think I might come here more often because for whatever reason I'm really into theme park lore and I see this thread as a way to flex my creative juices so keep me posted in case you do write about it because it's something I would definitely read.

Reactions: Mwe BGW and Zachary

Mwe BGW

Silver Donor
Jul 22, 2018

Killarney is based in 2001 or 2002. Grogans pub has pictures of soccer teams and license plates from that year.

May 23, 2015
Killarney is based in 2001 or 2002. Grogans pub has pictures of soccer teams and license plates from that year.
that's absolutely hilarious considering most of the park seems to be based on like a century or two ago at least, but also makes sense considering Killarney "opened" in 2002.

Reactions: Mwe BGW

Coasternerd

What’s better than one coaster? 2 coasters!
Dec 7, 2021
This is wishful thinking- but I’d love to see a starflyer or permanent observation tower back by Drachen spire. And the starflyer would have more consistent operations than a certain other ride an hour away.

vacoasterfan229

cc: 55 - coaster enthusiast
Apr 13, 2022
This is wishful thinking- but I’d love to see a starflyer or permanent observation tower back by Drachen spire. And the starflyer would have more consistent operations than a certain other ride an hour away.
A starflyer would be a great addition. If possible I would like to see Mäch tower put permanently into its observation mode. This would allow them to add a new and better drop tower, hopefully an Intamin.

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
A starflyer would be a great addition. If possible I would like to see Mäch tower put permanently into its observation mode. This would allow them to add a new and better drop tower, hopefully an Intamin.
Nope

Rip it down

MT sucks and IMO one of the best parts of an observation style rides (ferris wheels excluded) are the ability to walk around freely.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad