Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I’m so excited to go back to BGW, but one issue I have is that masks are barely mentioned on the site. Other parks that have opened have made the mask requirement super prominent on their website, with diagrams and reminders all over the place. Not really the case with BGW. Maybe they’re hoping that since VA has mandatory mask laws, it’ll be obvious that everyone needs a mask, but I guarantee there’ll be some bozos who make a big stink when they show up to the park and find out they have to wear a mask everywhere. If I were BGW, I’d put a much bigger emphasis on making the mask requirement super well known.

Anyone want to take a guess of where the mask free/relaxation zones will be? Im thinking Shenanigans Theater or Royal Palace Theater.

I’m so excited to go back to BGW, but one issue I have is that masks are barely mentioned on the site. Other parks that have opened have made the mask requirement super prominent on their website, with diagrams and reminders all over the place. Not really the case with BGW. Maybe they’re hoping that since VA has mandatory mask laws, it’ll be obvious that everyone needs a mask, but I guarantee there’ll

At least this prints up on the reservation.

Attachments

• 5D599B7E-26B5-4E81-8F06-A3B0DAD80C1A.jpeg
    5D599B7E-26B5-4E81-8F06-A3B0DAD80C1A.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 0
Is the pass printing station outside of the france parking lot going to be open?

I don’t know if you visited on one of the lower-priced, lower-capacity Wednesdays or Thursdays last year during Howl-O-Scream, but operations were pretty wild—absolute minimal staffing on rides of all kinds—lower than I ever knew possible in some cases—with only one train running on most/all coasters. I anticipate these 1k-capped days to look a lot like those nights did.

To be clear, I don’t anticipate substantial lines after a possible initial surge, but I won’t be surprised if 10/15 minute waits exist regardless due to operations limitations.
The attendance on those crazy empty HOS nights normally ranges between 6,000 and 8,000. Just to give you an idea of how many people are there on those nights. It's also why BGW wanting to have 5,000 people in the park seems reasonable to me.

I would expect that most waits are what you described at the most.

Last edited:
Where will i go to print off my passes? I just bought them
You don't need to redeem them and have them cards printed to use them. You can use the paper print at home vouchers as your pass for as long as you want. You can even use them as a picture on your phone if you wanted. Or just pull up the PDF.

Ok, this probably isnt the right thread for this but I just saw a youtube video dated the 30th that flies over and well into the park. Didnt see any activity in the park. There was a green tent in the handicapt parking spots of the preferredlot. They also flew within feet of the Pantheon spike. When I saw it it only had 3 views so it must have just been put up.

Reactions: michaeelaln
Was it this?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Videos for reference:

For the record, parks don’t like it when you fly drones over their property—it’s a great way to get banned/trespassed. Don’t try this at home kids.

Last edited:
If this really is the 30th, they have a lot if work to do to open the park.

This is fucked up.

Yeah, I saw that earlier. It's interesting to me that the customer service folks are approved to do that, but I have to think that they must have been given permission to use it as a way to keep people from cancelling. The park knew this was a likely outcome, and thus I really think it's a question of how much allotment they gave to members vs. fun cards vs. general public, and how the initial interest pushes them to make those adjustments.

Not sure if "giving them to the people who complain the loudest" is fair, but "releasing them at random intervals with no warning" isn't exactly fair either. The 1000-person limit was always going to create this scenario, and I'm not sure there was a path to avoiding this kind of discourse.

If this really is the 30th, they have a lot if work to do to open the park.
I don't think that they have that much work to do. The areas we can see look pretty much ready to open. There are some small things that will happen but nothing too big. But honestly they don't need to have anywhere besides the areas that are opening for the event to be ready. So it doesn't matter if Germany and Italy don't already appear ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mwe BGW and Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad