Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dale Brumfield commented that one of the reasons the KD removed their RR was due to the increasing restrictions and inspections. Only an uneducated guess but maybe, similarly to what you suggest after any casualty they have to go through an extensive inspection process before they can re-certify.

I read somewhere else, and for the life of me I can not remember where, some places are switching over to electric as it is less restrictive.

The train at Six Flags Great America has a diesel motor. It doesn't have the magical sound of a steam train, but its much better than no train at all!

Paramount ravaged KD in few years with mass removal of family attractions (train, skyway, lost world rides). Sure cost was their excuse but that previous mgmt. decided that they only wanted to cater to thrillseekers and removed family attractions and show venues. That is one reason that KD is not crowded very often, they have a limited market that they appeal to.

Reactions: Flyer
Paramount ravaged KD in few years with mass removal of family attractions (train, skyway, lost world rides).
Engine 601 at BGT was purchased from KD. They added a 3rd dome in an attempt to match their original 2 engines. BGT also bought an engine from Six Flags St Louis.

Paramount ravaged KD in few years with mass removal of family attractions (train, skyway, lost world rides). Sure cost was their excuse but that previous mgmt. decided that they only wanted to cater to thrillseekers and removed family attractions and show venues. That is one reason that KD is not crowded very often, they have a limited market that they appeal to.

I'd be curious to know how you define, "crowded." In my experience, very often there are long lines and tons of people on the paths.

Additionally, the Peanuts area is bigger than both of BGW's children's areas combined. Furthermore, KD -- unlike BGW -- has a dedicated children's event for Halloween. So, I'd argue they have been systematically making their park more family-friendly.

Regardless, none of that has anything to do with railroad fire at BGW.

Last edited:
Paramount ravaged KD in few years with mass removal of family attractions (train, skyway, lost world rides). Sure cost was their excuse but that previous mgmt. decided that they only wanted to cater to thrillseekers and removed family attractions and show venues.

I would ask you to cite a source for your claim. When I spoke to Dale Brumfield about these matters, he told me, (and I am prone to believe him as an expert primary source) that all of Paramount's removals had reason. They did not take things out to just clear space. While he did not come out and say it, it was implied that years of neglect (not hard to believe) had left many of the attractions in signiciant disrepair. Others, like the RR and Sky Ride served little utility as transit ridees and required regular and very expensive maintenance. (again, in bad disrepair)

I'm not saying Viacom did great things or was short sighted in places, what I am saying is if you are going to make so bold claims like management (the catch all phrase for the evil uncaring money people?) only wanted this or that, you should have some kind of proof other than, "well they removed x, y, and z".

Reactions: bill s
@Zimmy This thread is about the fire that happened at BGW, not whatever pro-Paramount agenda you are pushing.

Totally agree!

Can someone who is heading to the park this weekend ride Invadr in the right seat and take a peak at the back of the train station to see what's going on with the Blue train, pleaaaaasssseee?

@Zimmy This thread is about the fire that happened at BGW, not whatever pro-Paramount agenda you are pushing.
Eye Roll (regarding "whatever pro-Paramount agenda you are pushing")
It is also worth noting I was not pushing paramount but refrencing a valid source who worked at park with similar technology and has first hand knowledge of why that park chose to remove a ride. I felt that insight would was useful here.

Last edited:
Talking with a friend who's an amateur ferroequinologist (person who studies trains); he's not surprised that the trains overall are still down. He said that if all trains are the same design in propulsion, that they have to do a thorough investigation and check on all engines to ensure that this wasn't a design defect, the reasoning, the best practices for avoiding this situation again, and because there was an injury they have to investigate that part too.

He suggested that it's likely they could run if they wanted too, but most insurances won't pay out if you don't let the investigation run out.

We got some movement on the trains now. There are three of Aberdeen Railway’s carriages on Alpen Express and one on Der Hochbeinige. Alpen’s caboose is attatched with the remaining Aberdeen Railway carriage. Balmoral Castle is still attached to its tender, covered with tarps.

I’m wondering how well Alpen would do with 2 additional carriages considering the issues it has with its current carriages and dead stops. I also wonder if Alpen could tow Der Hochbeinige if something happens.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad