Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I have to bring this up. But does anyone feel like the front half of the grove as in from the mushrooms (if these are ever removed again we riot just using them as a point of reference) to Americana the buildings and everything just look……awful. After the Jungle X improvements it’s more noticeable than it was to where it’s almost jarring compared to the wooded relaxing atmosphere of the rest of park. Honestly they need to remove one of those huge yellow and light green/blue/purple/it’s faded af arcades. They could throw a compact coaster or large flat or 2 medium/smaller flats in their location.

The pathways are also still blacktop which just looks awful. I don’t think any of the attractions should be removed, they should definitely refresh the Dodgem facade. One idea honestly just completely remove Victorias and put in a Harmony Hall type place to handle a lot of volume. I think if anything the arcade close to the mushrooms should be just completely axed but not sure how much money the arcades make the park honestly I assume enough. But still just curious if the group also has this opinion of CAG. The back section is great with Juke Box Diner underneath Twisted Timbers. The front section yeah could use some kind of moderate refresh. I figure nothing is changing in CAG for at least 5 years but hopefully they get some paint brushes out in the coming years! Maybe make the pathways pavers that would look great in that long iconic KD midway.

Mar 16, 2016
I have to bring this up. But does anyone feel like the front half of the grove as in from the mushrooms (if these are ever removed again we riot just using them as a point of reference) to Americana the buildings and everything just look……awful. After the Jungle X improvements it’s more noticeable than it was to where it’s almost jarring compared to the wooded relaxing atmosphere of the rest of park. Honestly they need to remove one of those huge yellow and light green/blue/purple/it’s faded af arcades. They could throw a compact coaster or large flat or 2 medium/smaller flats in their location.

The pathways are also still blacktop which just looks awful. I don’t think any of the attractions should be removed, they should definitely refresh the Dodgem facade. One idea honestly just completely remove Victorias and put in a Harmony Hall type place to handle a lot of volume. I think if anything the arcade close to the mushrooms should be just completely axed but not sure how much money the arcades make the park honestly I assume enough. But still just curious if the group also has this opinion of CAG. The back section is great with Juke Box Diner underneath Twisted Timbers. The front section yeah could use some kind of moderate refresh. I figure nothing is changing in CAG for at least 5 years but hopefully they get some paint brushes out in the coming years! Maybe make the pathways pavers that would look great in that long iconic KD midway.
This is why I’m concerned about the long term with Jungle X. They started this great thing and just like, gave up.

Reactions: Mwe BGW

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
This is why I’m concerned about the long term with Jungle X. They started this great thing and just like, gave up.

No… the section of CAG being referenced hasn’t been refreshed yet. It’s basically unchanged from the 70s.

Reactions: Zachary

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I'm wondering if the thing with the full JX renovation vs CAG was that JX had 2 rides removed and was thematically gutted whereas CAG at least has all of it's rides (dodgems and wave swinger probably aren't going anywhere anytime soon) and a cohesive theme.

Yeah, the northern part of CAG near the JX entrance is incredibly dated, but thematically speaking is fine.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad