Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Yesterday I posted about the missing antique cars that used to be in front of Juke Box Diner, and it got me thinking... is there a legal reason the park can't have the cars on display? They were both Chevrolet Bel Airs, and as far as I know Cedar Fair has no partnership with Chevrolet; I actually think they've done deals with their competitors in the past, but I'm not sure. Is it possible the park can't show the cars because of something like licensing reasons? I'm not an expert in this field. Does anyone here have any idea?

Not sure if GM has any issues with it though I'd think they'd be happy to have their cars featured and not their competitors'.

However, if they did couldn't KD just strip the logos off and make them a little more generic? Thinking that they could since it's not like they're prepping for resale to a collector as far as we know.

Reactions: Mushroom

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
I imagine the reason the cars are not currently on display has something to do with a potential refurbishment and their sign department hasn't quite gotten to them yet what with being focused on everything else happening in the park lately.

Having a parade roll nearby them in the next few days might also be a reason why.

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
That is where it is SUPPOSED to be, but I do not see the ride. I see the queue building but it do not see the Red and Yellow cars. Maybe I am just not seeing it or maybe it is hard to see when it is parked.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
That is where it is SUPPOSED to be, but I do not see the ride. I see the queue building but it do not see the Red and Yellow cars. Maybe I am just not seeing it or maybe it is hard to see when it is parked.

It was originally painted blue which is why it sorta blends in. You can see the original color scheme in this image from Theme Park Review.

apple_turnover_449.jpg

Also, since there’s no King Kobra in that photo, it was probably taken in 1976.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Look what’s back on display at Winterfest!
CCDCA034-63E0-4575-85F9-708C5BE7CF10.jpeg

It’s the old ‘55 Chevy Bel Air that used to be in front of Juke Box Diner! From what I understand, the cars were removed because they were deemed to be in too poor shape to put on display. However, apparently this one was given some extensive T&L and restored to its former glory! Hopefully this car and its blue counterpart find their way back to the 50’s themed area by Twisted Timbers next year.

• Love
Reactions: Zachary
Nov 1, 2012
Look what’s back on display at Winterfest!
View attachment 19077

It’s the old ‘55 Chevy Bel Air that used to be in front of Juke Box Diner! From what I understand, the cars were removed because they were deemed to be in too poor shape to put on display. However, apparently this one was given some extensive T&L and restored to its former glory! Hopefully this car and its blue counterpart find their way back to the 50’s themed area by Twisted Timbers next year.
They have tweaked this display since placing the car there. The front passenger seat and whole back seat is full of Christmas presents. I think they left 2-3 presents outside the rear passenger door as well. Santa's new wheels.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Looks great! So glad to see it back where it belongs. Wonder if there are plans to bring the blue one back too?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad