Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Maybe asking too much but getting both trains in the loops at the same time would be nice. I have some amazing pictures with both trains in the loops and it would be great to see again.

I'm guessing it's simply a cost/reward assessment thing - first off, dispatch timing has to allow for it which is almost impossible without speeding up the lift... which among other things increases wear on all the related parts and likely a bit of structural fatigue. Then there's also the liability of guest interactions between the loops - loose articles, spitting, etc.

I'm guessing it's simply a cost/reward assessment thing - first off, dispatch timing has to allow for it which is almost impossible without speeding up the lift... which among other things increases wear on all the related parts and likely a bit of structural fatigue. Then there's also the liability of guest interactions between the loops - loose articles, spitting, etc.
My understanding it that it had a lot to do with replacing the lift motor and running only two trains. I'd like to think guest interactions of loose articles and spitting was never an issue.

I may have thought more of Loch Ness needed replacing.
Now as a tall person…I forgot how CRAMPED the back portion of each train is. One of the few rides I cannot fit on. Fortunately, the front portion of the car was open and my son and I just hopped forward for the leg room.
“Y’all are replacing these trains right?”
Staff member: “No, it’ll be the same trains.”
I knew that, but thought I’d mention it anyway.

All the way through the first lift is slow, so there’s not much needed at ALL. And the first drop reminds me a lot of how Invadr treats you.

That first loop was where I first started thinking about replacement. In the front portion of the back car, there was an uncomfortable bump that surprised both of us.

From there, it makes easy sense. The brake run sounds like rust and chalkboard scraping. The tunnel is dark and is a lengthy bit of track that feels like you’re bouncing down the highway without shocks.

When you emerge from the tunnel, that goofy “hop” before the second lift hill wasn’t as weird as I remember. From the second lift hill, I don’t really remember uncomfortable spots.

In the tunnel/cave…a ride on DarKoaster gave me an idea of the visual effects they could use. Concerns me that it could be underwhelming. If they get it like Verbolten’s mid-course “surprise,” it could be good.

Overall, I’d still ride Loch Ness as is, just with less frequency, but I wouldn’t marathon it like Pantheon or Apollo or Verbolten. Let’s see what they do!

Reactions: CoastersRUS
I may have thought more of Loch Ness needed replacing.
Now as a tall person…I forgot how CRAMPED the back portion of each train is. One of the few rides I cannot fit on. Fortunately, the front portion of the car was open and my son and I just hopped forward for the leg room.
“Y’all are replacing these trains right?”
Staff member: “No, it’ll be the same trains.”
I knew that, but thought I’d mention it anyway.

All the way through the first lift is slow, so there’s not much needed at ALL. And the first drop reminds me a lot of how Invadr treats you.

That first loop was where I first started thinking about replacement. In the front portion of the back car, there was an uncomfortable bump that surprised both of us.

From there, it makes easy sense. The brake run sounds like rust and chalkboard scraping. The tunnel is dark and is a lengthy bit of track that feels like you’re bouncing down the highway without shocks.

When you emerge from the tunnel, that goofy “hop” before the second lift hill wasn’t as weird as I remember. From the second lift hill, I don’t really remember uncomfortable spots.

In the tunnel/cave…a ride on DarKoaster gave me an idea of the visual effects they could use. Concerns me that it could be underwhelming. If they get it like Verbolten’s mid-course “surprise,” it could be good.

Overall, I’d still ride Loch Ness as is, just with less frequency, but I wouldn’t marathon it like Pantheon or Apollo or Verbolten. Let’s see what they do!
As a fellow tall person, I agree with your sentiment completely about the trains. But alas, they are still too new to honestly think about replacing them.

The problem with a full ride replacement (other than it being sacrilegious😂) is the ride runs directly over the colonial pipeline. Nessie is grandfathered in, but BGW would never be able to build on the full plot due to current easement requirements.

I think that the retracking will fix so many of the major issues with the ride, so considering the options this is absolutely the best way to go.

I have “heard” that s&s is involved in the track, but not from anyone that creditable.

I just hope people keep track of (pun intended) who has been making claims about the manufacturer of Nessie's new ride hardware and what, exactly, those claims are. Should be a nice way to show who should and should not be listened to in the future.

I'm not saying anyone in particular has been right or wrong. I am saying, however, that I have been very deliberately silent on the subject of who is manufacturing the track. I've been enjoying watching people all over the internet make claims of fact based purely on dubious/nonexistent evidence or just rooted solely in their own assumptions—often with a shocking degree of confidence. It will be fun to see who was right and who was wrong when it eventually, officially, comes out. 🍿

Last edited:
Intermountain lift sounds like a reasonable option - S&S has a good relationship and I thought IML had done some work for Arrow when they were still around so it's not like they would be coming in without experience on their rides.

But it could literally be any firm - coaster industry or steel contractor with the right equipment.

My guess is they'd probably modernize the cross-tie system (perhaps eliminating the multi-welded joints in favor of plates) to reduce the need for regular track maintenance, but they can't do much about adjusting the layout, elevations, centerline, or heartlining without completely changing the trains and also changing the general experience of the classic coaster.

Reactions: jscll
I just hope people keep track of (pun intended) who has been making claims about the manufacturer of Nessie's new ride hardware and what, exactly, those claims are. Should be a nice way to show who should and should not be listened to in the future.

I'm not saying anyone in particular has been right or wrong. I am saying, however, that I have been very deliberately silent on the subject of who is manufacturing the track. I've been enjoying watching people all over the internet make claims of fact based purely on dubious/nonexistent evidence or just rooted solely in their own assumptions—often with a shocking degree of confidence. It will be fun to see who was right and who was wrong when it eventually, officially, comes out. 🍿
Yeah I’m quick to put in quotations rumors and make sure to attach a claim of how believable I think it is because there are so many companies capable of it, so many engineers that have to agree upon it, so many accountants that need to sign off on it, everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt until confirmed and it’s easy to see if you spend any time on the site who the 2-3 very credible insiders are here. Even more so if you watch what is said then what is reported later on the major “insider” sites and social media groups.

I honestly could care less who is doing it, I'm just glad that it's modeled after the OG design.

So the iaapa schedule dropped and I noticed this, idk if it’s linked to THIS specifically, however it’s still something to watch C5126814-6C3B-413D-850E-EB471F0BE344.png

So the iaapa schedule dropped and I noticed this, idk if it’s linked to THIS specifically, however it’s still something to watch View attachment 30418

It's link to Nessie

Reactions: Mr. Porkchop
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad