Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I feel like BGW has a hill problem to contend with, which may have been the sticking point.
There’s been rumors nearly every year for a very, very long time that the park has been looking into some sort of carriage ride in Festhaus Park. This would be the most logical location as it’s a flat empty field surrounded by a paved path, and has plenty of queueing space in the nearby Black Forest Picnic Pavillions and now defunct Drachen Fire plaza. Also, if they put the carriage rides back here it would promote a full walk-through of the park, as I’m almost certain this event will be the same layout at TOBG, meaning no loop layout. As a cherry on top, it would be located directly next to the main eatery, Das Festhaus which sees heavy foot traffic during normal Christmas Town. Since work and movement is still actively continuing in Festhaus Park throughout this month, it seems like this is a very likely candidate, if they choose to go through with the plans.

They have talked about adding sleigh rides before, actually. They are great at Caro and KD.

I assume the "sleigh ride" is simply the ride in your own car to get to Busch Gardens - not an actual attraction once you get there.

There are more than enough trees up in the park, they could put the lights on a couple and take new photos with “guests” wearing masks, that would be a more appropriately used marketing image and set expectations of guests during this “pandemic”.

I noticed that some of the people in the photos for the previous events had masks photo shopped on. That is probably a more likely solution once again.

We will be getting that. In the parts of the park that are open, you should expect decorations on par with what you normally see at CT
Sorry for the triple post but I want to be clear that they might not be exactly the same as but they should be very similar. There will probably be less trees for example. But the general look should be the same.

It would seem like they could make a racetrack/LeMans type racing or snaking path in the Festhaus lot instead of a Christmas Tree stroll. Possibly even circling through Oktoberfest or down the Drachen Fire side. The obvious problem with the latter being people, foot traffic, and safety issues. Carowinds has their sleigh ride through the unpopulated and closed water park section. I'd say use the closed parts of the park at BGW, too. But hills, bridges and height restrictions would be problematic.

IF a carriage could fit through Festa and IF they decorated it as normal, there would be much more to see there than in the Festhaus lot. You could load at Marco Polo and maybe make it up that hill and over the Festa bridge? The space might be too tight at the tree for a turn onto the bridge. Any place would require an area large enough to turn or circle a horse and carriage around. Unfortunately, I don't think there is enough room to navigate successfully for this idea. Also concerned an incline of aggregate could be a tough surface for a horse to safely get traction and pull weight?

Problem
is if they put the effort in to decorate a unused portion of the park and the fact of limited number of people
something like a carriage would cover the labor cost would well outweigh the return. If they were interested in decorating like that I could see using half the park as one way traffic with nothing open and a single path through.

Reactions: BGWnut and Le Moose
Problem
is if they put the effort in to decorate a unused portion of the park and the fact of limited number of people
something like a carriage would cover the labor cost would well outweigh the return. If they were interested in decorating like that I could see using half the park as one way traffic with nothing open and a single path through.
If done as an up charge it's possible that they could make it work but I am honestly not sure where they could successfully do it.

Reactions: warfelg
There’s been rumors nearly every year for a very, very long time that the park has been looking into some sort of carriage ride in Festhaus Park. This would be the most logical location as it’s a flat empty field surrounded by a paved path, and has plenty of queueing space in the nearby Black Forest Picnic Pavillions and now defunct Drachen Fire plaza.
I like the idea of using the Black Forest area. I guess there would be a line and it would be 1 family per ride.

Reactions: Buschfan777
Tbh I thank were more likely to see the tree maze from last year come back rather than a new experience when you take in considering there trying to save as much money as they can right now and they are also (as far as ik) working on drachen spire still.

Reactions: DJTLG
Tbh I thank were more likely to see the tree maze from last year come back rather than a new experience when you take in considering there trying to save as much money as they can right now and they are also (as far as ik) working on drachen spire still.
Would not count on tree maze making a return this year, it’s not happening. And they have not started any work on Drachen spire/project 2021 either considering pantheon is not even done yet

1 - Using the short clip of a previous CT doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I don’t get why it’s an issue to be honest. They aren’t gonna use a stock picture and this just shows the holiday spirit.

2 - At this point in a pandemic if someone doesn’t take two minutes to see what an event is in a pandemic they have no right to complain about what the event is like for going to something in a pandemic. Seriously. That point gets no sympathy from me.

I don't necessarily have sympathy for that point, but I do think it's something the park needs to navigate when choosing which types of images to use. I agree on stock footage, but the lights in Banbury are a crucial part of the Christmas Town experience, and so I do think it's in the park's interest to avoid creating the expectation guests will be greeted by the Christmas Square they expect if that isn't going to happen. There are other Christmas Town images they could have chosen that would equally communicate the event without providing the same level of promise, is what I'm saying.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad