Blackfish Backlash

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 5, 2011
That would be an interesting argument if Sea World could prove that the same standards aren’t being applied evenly. However, I’m not a legal expert and have no idea what you can sue people over.

Mar 16, 2016
I'm no legal expert either but I'm pretty sure that since TripAdvisor et al. are private companies, they can do what they want. It's still shitty virtue-signaling though.
They could do a damages lawsuit that not advertising their business while pushing another with the same complaints hurts their ability to profit.

Reactions: tursiops and BGWnut
Feb 3, 2019
Honestly IANAL, but I suspect their best chance at successful legal recourse would be to essentially make the claim that these rules and granting of exceptions to one company (Disney) who is doing the same thing as SeaWorld (keeping and showing dolphins) is discriminatory in nature.

Reactions: BGWnut

Joe

#RIPVolcano
Feb 12, 2011
Near Richmond
BuschDominion.com
Is that how it works though? Isn’t it TripAdvisor’s right as a private entity to “discriminate” against once company as much as they want to?

Plus, since most of these sites have some sort of asterisk that “explains” the discrepancy between Disney and Seaworld, even if there was a case to be had, I feel like they could easily make the “captive mammals aren’t central to the Disney experience” cop-out argument and be safe anyway.

Oct 23, 2019
Is that how it works though? Isn’t it TripAdvisor’s right as a private entity to “discriminate” against once company as much as they want to?

Plus, since most of these sites have some sort of asterisk that “explains” the discrepancy between Disney and Seaworld, even if there was a case to be had, I feel like they could easily make the “captive mammals aren’t central to the Disney experience” cop-out argument and be safe anyway.
It's a double standard sure, but if Disney doesn't pay them directly i'm not sure there is much that could be done.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad