BGWFans & Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Feb 3, 2019
Serious question - what do you think is the park's opinion of crtiques where we're seeing gaps or flaws in how they've handled something and are suggesting possible alternatives that may have a chance of working out better?

That's not to say anyone here whom has never worked in or for the industry knows what it's like making those decisions, but more that we each have our own experiences and/or expertise in certain subject areas that we feel the park could do better in.
I don't think they're paying that close attention; or, at least the people that they have looking aren't the ones that care about those aspects.

Probably more accurately, the ones looking are local, and the decisions that we're complaining about are corporate and the local people can't do anything about it.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
NC
Anyone that would normally look at these fora are probably not in the 5% left as employees. Of those 5%, likley none of them could care less what we think.

Reactions: Mushroom
Mar 16, 2016
Serious question - what do you think is the park's opinion of crtiques where we're seeing gaps or flaws in how they've handled something and are suggesting possible alternatives that may have a chance of working out better?
This is my 100% feeling on it - I think all companies are on the fence right now with it. Because much of what is happening is so unprecedented, I feel like there's 1000 different solutions for each problem that comes up, and none are wrong. I think they take them individually with a grain of salt but use them in combination to develop a better method for handling any delay's or shutdowns differently in the future.

Like I think one thing that some parks might come to the conclusion of just communicate things right away, some might come to the conclusion of let the state take the lead and react to what they say, and some might come to the conclusion as long as they do what the majority is doing within a reasonable time then they are fine.

The long view, I feel, of the gaps or flaws of how they handled it is going to become "forgiven" because almost every industry and company is struggling with the exact same issues.

Feb 14, 2019
Right... I was more referring to specific items we've collectively already critiqued that although may be forgiven when things start playing out/gates reopen, aren't necessarily the attitude now.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad