Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Serious question - what do you think is the park's opinion of crtiques where we're seeing gaps or flaws in how they've handled something and are suggesting possible alternatives that may have a chance of working out better?

That's not to say anyone here whom has never worked in or for the industry knows what it's like making those decisions, but more that we each have our own experiences and/or expertise in certain subject areas that we feel the park could do better in.

I don't think they're paying that close attention; or, at least the people that they have looking aren't the ones that care about those aspects.

Probably more accurately, the ones looking are local, and the decisions that we're complaining about are corporate and the local people can't do anything about it.

Last edited:
Anyone that would normally look at these fora are probably not in the 5% left as employees. Of those 5%, likley none of them could care less what we think.

Reactions: Mushroom
Serious question - what do you think is the park's opinion of crtiques where we're seeing gaps or flaws in how they've handled something and are suggesting possible alternatives that may have a chance of working out better?

This is my 100% feeling on it - I think all companies are on the fence right now with it. Because much of what is happening is so unprecedented, I feel like there's 1000 different solutions for each problem that comes up, and none are wrong. I think they take them individually with a grain of salt but use them in combination to develop a better method for handling any delay's or shutdowns differently in the future.

Like I think one thing that some parks might come to the conclusion of just communicate things right away, some might come to the conclusion of let the state take the lead and react to what they say, and some might come to the conclusion as long as they do what the majority is doing within a reasonable time then they are fine.

The long view, I feel, of the gaps or flaws of how they handled it is going to become "forgiven" because almost every industry and company is struggling with the exact same issues.

Right... I was more referring to specific items we've collectively already critiqued that although may be forgiven when things start playing out/gates reopen, aren't necessarily the attitude now.

I read the rest of the link and he said the Comfort Collars were comfortable. Clearly this guy's opinion is suspect at best.

I'm not saying this about any outlet in particular, but especially around the time when Tempesto opened there were serious constraints placed on the media. They were very limited in what they could and could not say. I doubt you could find any negative comments from anyone at the event. It is one of the reasons Marketing hates us so much: we aren't willing to censor our views.

I'm not saying this about any outlet in particular, but especially around the time when Tempesto opened there were serious constraints placed on the media. They were very limited in what they could and could not say. I doubt you could find any negative comments from anyone at the event. It is one of the reasons Marketing hates us so much: we aren't willing to censor our views.
To be honest, the media had a number of people coming to them with "mY hArnESs On temPestO cAme UnDONe aND tHat eViL pARk did NOThiNG!!!" so I can understand the park wanting a tight leash on the media. Still they shouldn't get upset from people taking smack about those unnecessary shoulder killers.

This was before the public had anything more than soft open access. The controls were not Tempesto specific and they were ridiculously directive.

Regardless, there is never an excuse for the park to limit what media outlets can say about their experiences at the park, as long as they aren't violating any laws. The media is not a volunteer arm of the Marketing Department. They are there to provide a service to consumers.

This was before the public had anything more than soft open access. The controls were not Tempesto specific and they were ridiculously directive.

Regardless, there is never an excuse for the park to limit what media outlets can say about their experiences at the park, as long as they aren't violating any laws. The media is not a volunteer arm of the Marketing Department. They are there to provide a service to consumers.
I agree, I didn't realize it wasn't Tempesto comfort-collar specific.

Reactions: Coasternerd
I don't know if they did, but what the park should have done is demonstrate to the media that the "comfort collars" are entirely unnecessary for safety, and are only there for the personal comfort (ha!) of riders.

Edit: the best possible way to avoid bad press and fake news is to get ahead of it and put the facts out there before someone can print fiction.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nicole
Is this an attempt at Wendy's level roasting, or a legit pissed of social media person

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad